Subject: [Sipping] Status of IPv6 implementations in the SIP world

From: "Iliff, Tina" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:35:32 +0000

I would like to get a feel for the status of IPv6 and/or dual-stack
transitions/implementations in the SIP world.  Are there any examples
and interoperability results?  Also, any known issues being worked?

Thanks,

Tina Iliff

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 05:48:14 -0500

> and interoperability results?  Also, any known issues being worked?

See http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip/current/msg16869.html
for the status of implementations.

The overall document for IPv6 transition is
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipping-v6-transition-04.
The document is beyond WGLC; the one remaining issue that is
being discussed hotly on the mmusic and sipping mailing lists
even as I write is our recommendation for dual-stack
hosts to do v4/v6 selection.  We expect to reach a decision by
Friday's sipping meeting.

And finally, there are a set of IPv6 torture tests for SIP
documented in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipping-ipv6-torture-tests-01.
This document is currently under WGLC.

Ciao.

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
2701 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9F-546, Lisle, Illinois 60532 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
WWW:   http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/bell-labs