Subject: [Sipping] Definition problem in RFC 4730 (KPML)

From: "Ilan Avner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 14:46:31 +0200

Hi all, 
 
Section 4.2 - "Event Package Parameters" in RFC 4730 defines three
parameters that identify the subscription dialog.
The three parameters are "call-id", "local-tag" and "remote-tag".
The way to find a match between these header parameters and an existing
dialog is -
"The User Interface matches the local-tag against the to tag, the
remote-tag against the from tag, and the call-id against the Call-ID"
This definition is not clear enough, what I am referring to is the "tag"
matching, it is not clear what are the "to" and from" tag that the
"remote-tag" and "local-tag" from the event package parameters should be
checked against.
Dialog identifiers according to RFC 3261 are local and remote tag not
"to" and "from" tag.
I suppose the intention is that the "to" and "from" are the local and
remote tag respectfully (just like any other RFC\
Draft" that uses SIP header to match an existing dialog).
I tried to look at the examples in RFC 4730 in order to be sure that my
assumptions are correct and I became totally confused.
In the example, the ACK sent from the user that afterwards receives the
Subscribe is - 
 
   ACK sip:[email-masked] SIP/2.0
   Via: ...
   Max-Forwards: ...
   Route: ...
   From: <sip:[email-masked]>;tag=jfh21
   To: <sip:[email-masked]>;tag=onjwe2
   Call-ID: [email-masked]
   ...
 
The Subscribe event header in the subscribe request that arrives after
the ACK looks like -  
   Event: kpml ;remote-tag="sip:[email-masked];tag=jfh21"
               ;local-tag="sip:[email-masked];tag=onjwe2"
               ;call-id=[email-masked]
 
First, the event from the example contains not only the tags but all the
To\From headers, why?
Second, it looks like my assumption is wrong and that the "remote-tag"
is matched against the local tag (as defined in RFC 3261) and vise
versa. 
 
Can anybody make things clear?

Thanks

Ilan Avner 

Tel.  +972-3-9764513

Fax. +972-3-9764040

Mobile. +972-54-6608141

www.audiocodes.com <BLOCKED::http://www.audiocodes.com/> 

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 09:36:52 -0500

From: "Ilan Avner" <[email-masked]>

It does look like that example is filled with errors.

Dale