Subject: [Sipping] Comments to draft-garcia-sipping-resource-sharing-framework-01

From: "Willekens, Marc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 01:16:57 +0100

Hi,
 
Some general comments to the draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-garcia-sipping-resource-sharin
g-framework-01.txt
 
A general question I have for this draft, but also for different other
SIP extensions, is the amount of traffic generated in the network but
also on the limited rsource constrained end devices such as mobile
phones or smart phones. What mechanisms are provided to keep this
traffic under control, certainly in the case when the mobile device is
part of a p2p network?
Is the mobile phone considered as a kind of "passive peer device"
(client) communicating with a corresponding "active peer"
(server/supernode), the latter being part of the p2p network and the
former only participating in an implicit way with the p2p network?

Best regards,
Marc Willekens.
Mailto: [email-masked]
 
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP