Subject: [Sipping] 'copyControl' attribute draft version -04

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 09:28:19 +0300

Hi:

We have submitted a new version of the copy control draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-capacity-attribute-04.txt

This version adds one paragraph to the text, that provides instructions 
to the URI-list server as for what to do if there are duplicated URIs 
with, perhaps, different copyControl attributes:

    There are occasions where the URI-list server encounters the same URI
    entry duplicated in a resource list, where duplicated URI entries are
    tagged with the same or different values of the 'copyControl'
    attribute.  There are no reasonable usages that justify duplicated
    URIs in resource lists, thus, this is considered an error.  URI-list
    servers MUST NOT send duplicated copies of the same SIP request to
    the same intended recipient.  In case the URI-list server encounters
    the same URI entry in a resource list, it MUST send at most a single
    copy of the request to that intended recipient.  The URI-list server
    MUST select the highest precedence value of the 'copyControl'
    attribute of the duplicated entries for the same intended recipient.
    The order of precedence of the values of the 'copyControl' attribute
    is: "to", "cc", and "bcc".  Once the URI-list server has selected a
    value for the 'copyControl' attribute of an intended recipient, the
    URI-list can continue processing the request.

The rest of the draft is the same as version -03.

/Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP