Subject: [Sipping] draft-tschofenig-sipping-spit-policy-00

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:21:32 -0800

I'd rather have a better idea bout what the overall system looked  
like and what the required policy is before dealing with the details  
of how to represent it.

For example, I'D like to be able to do rules like "not in my buddy  
list" or "not a FOAF".

Cullen <with my individual hat on>

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 22:25:36 +0100

Hi Cullen, 

> like and what the required policy is before dealing with the details  

We started with a requirements document and nobody gave us comments.
Hence, we thought that we would get more comments when to submit a
strawman proposal. 

> For example, I'D like to be able to do rules like "not in my buddy  
You can do things like "not in my buddy list" quite easily with these
type of policies. How you represent these policies to the user (as a
user interface) is another story. 

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:39:28 -0800

> Hence, we thought that we would get more comments when to submit a

Well whatever it takes to get this folks to comment :-) I'm glad to  
see work on making meaningful progress towards dealing with SPIT.