Subject: [Sipping] INAP operations in SIP

From: amit rehalia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 09:44:30 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Are there any efforts or documents describing  mapping
between:

1) "INAP operations to SIP messages and vice-versa"
2) "INAP operation's parameters to SIP message's
fields
    and vice-versa"

I couldn't find any draft or rfc for the above.

regards,
Amit

__________________________________________________________
Yahoo! India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new
http://in.answers.yahoo.com/

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Lee Dryburgh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 13:24:20 +0000

I don't regard myself as a "sip person" so I can not vouch for what
exists. But the question appears odd. INAP is obviously IN whereas
base SIP is for session control, so the notion of mapping does not
make sense unless someone wanted to write extension messages to
achieve this. But even that does not sound a great idea. Encapsulation
of INAP in a SIP message would make more sense. I'm not sure if
someone has done that. Normally if you want to transport INAP over IP,
you would use M3UA or SUA from the SigTran suite.

Rergards

Lee

---

From: "Fullen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:27:05 -0000

Hi Amit,

You might try looking at RFC 2995 (PINT: Pre-Spirits Implementation of
PSTN-initiated Services). Maybe you'll find what you're looking for
there.

CAMEL Application Part is a derivative of INAP; CAP is used in GSM
networks. In IMS (3GPP IP Multimedia Services)there is the notion of
IM-SSF, a special type of Application Server that is defined with
functionality to map between SIP and CAP. You could try looking at
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/specs/html-info/23278.htm for mappings between
SIP Method/Response and map messages.

Good luck,
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: amit rehalia [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:45 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] INAP operations in SIP

Hi,

1) "INAP operations to SIP messages and vice-versa"
2) "INAP operation's parameters to SIP message's fields
    and vice-versa"

regards,
Amit

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments of core SIP