Subject: [Sipping] draft-ietf-sipping-v6-transition-07: network type

From: "Brett Tate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:29:07 -0400

The following is a nit concerning draft-ietf-sipping-v6-transition.

Draft-ietf-sipping-v6-transition-07 section 4.1 imposes restrictions
concerning "network type" when discussing IP4 and IP6.  However RFC 4566
(and RFC 2327) refers to this portion as the "address type" instead of
"network type".

c=<nettype> <addrtype> <connection-address>

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:54:54 -0500

> c=<nettype> <addrtype> <connection-address>

Brett: We can correct that during auth48.  I have saved your
email message and will ensure that this is reflected during that
period.

Currently, v6-transition normatively depends on three drafts that
are in various stages of movement in their respective WGs.  Thus,
it'll be blocked until those drafts reach maturity.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
2701 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9F-546, Lisle, Illinois 60532 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
WWW:   http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/bell-labs