Subject: [Sipping] RTCP summary

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 16:32:38 -0700

I was looking at draft-ietf-sipping-rtcp-summary-02 to update my
implementation, and I was wondering if it wouldn't have been a better
idea to design it as an extension to RFC 4235.  The partial notification
 mechanism fits well with AlertReport or IntervalReport, and using XML
is simpler than having to maintain another parser.  Also the PUBLISH
method usage in rtcp-summary does not look standard.

-- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin           [                                 ]
Home: [email-masked] [RFC1855-compliant space for rent ]
Work: [email-masked]            [                                 ]
[                                                               ]

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Sumit Garg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 10:11:13 -0400

Just a thought,
If the stats pertaining to a session are desired wouldn't a simpler
method:
Supported header, and a body in BYE/200 OK (would need some work to
cover all scnearios) suffice? 

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress
depends on the unreasonable man."
-- George Bernard Shaw

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Petit-Huguenin [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 7:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] RTCP summary

I was looking at draft-ietf-sipping-rtcp-summary-02 to update my
implementation, and I was wondering if it wouldn't have been a better
idea to design it as an extension to RFC 4235.  The partial notification
mechanism fits well with AlertReport or IntervalReport, and using XML is
simpler than having to maintain another parser.  Also the PUBLISH method
usage in rtcp-summary does not look standard.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 07:17:01 -0700

> cover all scnearios) suffice? 

It won't work if you are not in the path of the BYE (i.e. if a proxy
does not record-route).