Subject: [Sipping] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:40:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) Usage of the Offer/Answer Model
	Author(s)       : T. Sawada, P. Kyzivat
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-05.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2008-01-16

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) utilizes the offer/answer 
  model to establish and update multimedia sessions using the Session 
  Description Protocol (SDP). The description of the offer/answer 
  model in SIP is dispersed across multiple RFCs. This document 
  summarizes all the current usages of the offer/answer model in SIP 
  communication.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-05.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:58:47 -0600

Hi all,

This email is to announce a two week re-review of the Post-WGLC version
of the Offer/Answer Usage document.  

The past reviewers (Byron Campen, Jonathan Rosenberg, Rajeev Seth, B.
Nataraju) are especially requested to re-review to ensure that previous
comments have been addressed. 

Please review the changes and post any comments on those changes to the
list on or before February 1st, 2008.  If you think the doc is "Ready",
please post a comment to the list as well.  

Regards,
Mary.
SIPPING WG co-chair

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:40 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-05.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) Usage of the
Offer/Answer Model
	Author(s)       : T. Sawada, P. Kyzivat
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-05.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2008-01-16

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-0
5.txt

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-05.txt".

	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:29:43 -0500

Mary,

Thanks!

In the last few days I have had some discussions that suggest further 
enhancements might be useful. But I am reluctant to do so at this late 
date. Lets see what others think.

The two things are:

- Dale is finding it unclear whether limitation on reusing payload
   type numbers is distinct on each end or common to both ends.

- I encountered someone who *still* is having trouble interpretting
   the text on HOLD, and found a way to "conform" to it that resulted
   in a stuck-on-hold condition.

Is it worth trying to do something about these?

	Paul

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:17:50 -0600

I've not seen any responses from the WG on this. At this point, the
post-WGLC re-review on this document ends tomorrow (Feb 1st). Unless
someone strongly objects by COB tomorrow, the document won't be updated
to address the two things Paul lists below. 

Also, we've not yet gotten any responses as to general readiness and
only one past reviewer (AB Nataraju) confirmed that his concerns had
been addressed in the -04. 

Past reviewers can click through the spreadsheets and backtrack to find
past comments on the -03:
https://softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt.html  (link
to last year's reviews is at the end, with the -03 reviews at the end of
that spreadsheet) 
Or, just go straight to the page with cached reviews:
https://softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/reviews/  (reviewers
name is appended to document file name).

Thanks,
Mary.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Kyzivat [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 10:30 AM
To: Barnes, Mary (RICH2:AR00)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sipping] Post-WGLC
review:draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-05.txt

Mary,

Thanks!

The two things are:

	Paul

Mary Barnes wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> This email is to announce a two week re-review of the Post-WGLC 
> version of the Offer/Answer Usage document.
> 
> Nataraju) are especially requested to re-review to ensure that 
> previous comments have been addressed.
> 
> Please review the changes and post any comments on those changes to 
> the list on or before February 1st, 2008.  If you think the doc is 
> "Ready", please post a comment to the list as well.
> 
> Regards,
> Mary.
> SIPPING WG co-chair
> 
> Subject: [Sipping] I-D 
> Action:draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-05.txt
> 

readers
> This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP Use 
> [email-masked] for questions on current sip Use 
> [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP
>