Subject: [Sipping] FYI: ID about use of Sub/Notify for overload control information exchange - Fwd I-D ACTION:draft-chadli-sipping-overload-sub-not-00

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:41:51 +0100

Dear all

We have submitted an I-D which defines the use of Subscribe/Notify to
exchange explicit overload control information between SIP entities in
order to avoid network congestion. We believe this approach allows best
to answer requirements defined in
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-overload-reqs-01.
txt  

Please kindly review and feel free to give us any comments. Thank you in
advance. 

Abstract 
This document specifies an event package for the notification of
overload control using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) events
framework.  The overload control package allows an upstream server to
retrieve overload control information from an downstream server and
to be notified when this information changes.  This information is
used by the upstream server to adapt its flow toward the downstream
server and thus to avoid overloading it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chadli-sipping-overload-sub-no
t-00.txt

Best regards

Youssef

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 7:00:01 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chadli-sipping-overload-sub-not-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : An overload control package for the Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP).
	Author(s)       : Y. Chadli, X. Marjou
	Filename        : draft-chadli-sipping-overload-sub-not-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2007-12-04

This document specifies an event package for the notification of
overload control using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) events
framework.  The overload control package allows an upstream server to
retrieve overload control information from an downstream server and
to be notified when this information changes.  This information is
used by the upstream server to adapt its flow toward the downstream
server and thus to avoid overloading it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chadli-sipping-overload-sub-no
t-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body
of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chadli-sipping-overload-sub-not-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-chadli-sipping-overload-sub-not-00.txt".

NOTE: The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP