Subject: [Sipping] sipping-sip-offeranswer-05: comments and questions

From: "Brett Tate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:11:27 -0500

Greetings,

The following are some questions and comments concerning
draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-05.

The draft mentions "PRACK request should not be rejected".  Is this
actually mentioned/explained within an RFC or only within this draft?  I
agree that offers within a PRACK should be discouraged.  However I don't
a recall an RFC mentioning that PRACK offer cannot be rejected with 488.

Section 4.1 mentions: "Therefore, to simplify implementations, a UA
acting as a UAS for an INVITE transaction is recommended not to defer
sending an UPDATE request with an offer until after the reliable
response with an answer to the offer in the INVITE request is
acknowledged with a PRACK request."  This seems to contradict RFC 3311
section 5.1 bullet 4 which indicates to wait for PRACK.  Since it also
appears to contradict recommendation within sipping-sip-offeranswer-05
section 4.2, the "recommended not to defer" should potentially be
"recommended to defer".

Thanks,
Brett

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP