Subject: [Sipping] FW: [PMOL] Proposed Adoption of draft-malas-performance-metrics-08

From: "Daryl Malas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:12:59 -0700

FYI...please provide feedback or comments to the PMOL mailing list.

Thank you,

Daryl Malas 

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Morton [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 8:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [PMOL] Proposed Adoption of draft-malas-performance-metrics-08

PMOL Working Group:

A comment period for the Internet-Draft on

"SIP End-to-End Performance Metrics"

<draft-malas-performance-metrics-08.txt>

will be open from 23 January 2008 through 6 February 2003.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-malas-performance-metrics-08

The purpose of this comment period is to examine whether there is PMOL
WG consensus to adopt this draft as the basis for the SIP Performance
Metrics "Proof of Concept" work item described in the PMOL WG Charter,
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pmol-charter.html
and if so to progress this as a Working Group Draft.

STATUS

When this topic was raised at the IETF-70 PMOL session, there was
substantial readership and some support expressed to take-up this
version as the WG draft. There were also some reservations expressed at
the meeting about how well the current draft matches the (evolving and
not yet complete) framework draft. Thus, completing this milestone will
require further development of the framework (and process) draft, as
well.

Also, this draft has enjoyed interest and review of the SIPPING WG, and
members of the SIP development community continue to apply their
expertise to fine-tune the performance metric definitions.

Please weigh-in with any comments to this list or to the co-chairs:
<[email-masked]> and <[email-masked]>.

Al Morton
Alan Clark
pmol co-chairs

Note: The current version of the framework and process draft is here:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morton-perf-metrics-framework-01

_______________________________________________
PMOL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pmol

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP