Subject: Re: [siprec] CSG start & stop time attribute requirement

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 21:21:18 +0530

I have not heard back any comments on this. Can people let us know your
thoughts on having Start/Stop time attribute for CSG block ?

Regards,

Ram

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 8:33 PM
To: Parthasarathi R (partr); [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [siprec] CSG start & stop time attribute requirement

To add more to what Partha has mentioned another use case is when
multiple RSs are used for recording a CSG it is easy to determine start/
Stop time when explicitly indicated in CSG.

So I would prefer to have Start/ Stop time explicitly indicated in
CS-Group and which would indicate when a Group Starts/ End.

Ram

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Parthasarathi R (partr)
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 11:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [siprec] CSG start & stop time attribute requirement

Hi all,

As per interim meeting, there is a need to explain the reason for having
start/stop time in CSG group. Two reasons for having this attribute:

1) BYE will serve the purpose in case CSG is within single RS or ending
at the end of some RS. In case CSG is terminated in the middle of RS
session (persistent session), there is a need of an attribute.  As it is
middle of the RS, it is better to have the exact time.

2) In case partial-update of metadata format, there is an need of XML
element to indicate the termination of CSG ("group") element. It shall
be achieved by "stop-time" element within CSG.

Thanks

Partha

Note:

Topic - Metadata model(Ram Mohan)

draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-01

================================================

Draft: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-metadata/
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-metadata/> 

Slides:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/attachment/wiki/WikiStart/SIPR
EC%20Metamodel%20-%20Virtual%20Interim-23Jun_2011.pptx
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/attachment/wiki/WikiStart/SIP
REC%20Metamodel%20-%20Virtual%20Interim-23Jun_2011.pptx> 

Side 5: On the issue of whether a CSG element needs a start/stop time,
Ram explained that the information could be derived from the start/stop
times of the CSs that form part of that group (although he was concerned
about the complications of overlapping CSs), or could be explicitly
indicated for the group. Leon and John thought that implicit should be
sufficient. Partha tried to express a point concerning termination of a
CSG, but this needs to be raised on the list.

---

From: Leon Portman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 10:52:57 +0300

I am ok

Leon

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 6:51 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [siprec] CSG start & stop time attribute requirement

I have not heard back any comments on this. Can people let us know your thoughts on having Start/Stop time attribute for CSG block ?

Regards,
Ram
From: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> [mailto:[email-masked]]<mailto:[mailto:[email-masked]]> On Behalf Of Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 8:33 PM
To: Parthasarathi R (partr); [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [siprec] CSG start & stop time attribute requirement

To add more to what Partha has mentioned another use case is when multiple RSs are used for recording a CSG it is easy to determine start/ Stop time when explicitly indicated in CSG.
So I would prefer to have Start/ Stop time explicitly indicated in CS-Group and which would indicate when a Group Starts/ End.

Ram

From: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> [mailto:[email-masked]]<mailto:[mailto:[email-masked]]> On Behalf Of Parthasarathi R (partr)
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 11:37 AM
To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: [siprec] CSG start & stop time attribute requirement

Hi all,

As per interim meeting, there is a need to explain the reason for having start/stop time in CSG group. Two reasons for having this attribute:

1) BYE will serve the purpose in case CSG is within single RS or ending at the end of some RS. In case CSG is terminated in the middle of RS session (persistent session), there is a need of an attribute.  As it is middle of the RS, it is better to have the exact time.

2) In case partial-update of metadata format, there is an need of XML element to indicate the termination of CSG ("group") element. It shall be achieved by "stop-time" element within CSG.

Thanks
Partha

Note:

Slides: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/attachment/wiki/WikiStart/SIPREC%20Metamodel%20-%20Virtual%20Interim-23Jun_2011.pptx

Side 5: On the issue of whether a CSG element needs a start/stop time, Ram explained that the information could be derived from the start/stop times of the CSs that form part of that group (although he was concerned about the complications of overlapping CSs), or could be explicitly indicated for the group. Leon and John thought that implicit should be sufficient. Partha tried to express a point concerning termination of a CSG, but this needs to be raised on the list.

---

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 12:25:04 +0530

Hi All,

I have not seen any one object to having Start/Stop times in CS-Group
element of model. Let me know if anyone has concerns otherwise we will
go ahead and add the same in next version of draft.

Regards,

Ram

From: Leon Portman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2011 1:23 PM
To: Ram Mohan R (rmohanr); [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [siprec] CSG start & stop time attribute requirement

I am ok

Leon

Regards,

Ram

Ram

Hi all,

Thanks

Partha

Note:

Slides: