Subject: [siprec] SRC notification of recording to participants in CS

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 12:47:44 +0000

Section 5.3 currently reads as follows:

The SRC is responsible to provide recording indications to the
   participants in the CS.

Section 6.1.2 elaborates on this:

For the communication session, the SRC MUST provide recording
   indication to all participants in the CS.  A participant UA in a CS
   can indicate that it is recording-aware by providing the "record-
   aware" option tag, and the SRC MUST provide recording indications in
   the new SDP a=record attribute described in the SDP Handling section.
   In the absence of the "record-aware" option tag, meaning that the
   participant UA is not recording-aware, an SRC MUST provide recording
   indications through other means such as playing a tone inband, if the
   SRC is required to do so (e.g. based on policies).

And 7.3.1 discussed this in the context of a conference:

When a CS is traversed through multiple UAs such as a B2BUA or a
   conference focus, each UA involved in the CS that is aware that the
   CS is being recorded MUST provide the recording indication through
   the a=record attribute to all other parties in the CS.

Cheers,
Charles