Subject: Re: [siprec] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-siprec-protocol-16: (with COMMENT)

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 20:13:41 +0000

Hi Kathleen,

You suggestions sounds good to me. I propose updating section 12 as
follows:

OLD
The SRC and SRS MUST support SIP with TLS and MAY support SIPS with TLS as
per [RFC5630].

NEW
The SRC and SRS MUST support SIP with TLS version 1.2, SHOULD follow the
best practices when using TLS as per [RFC 7525], and MAY support SIPS with
TLS as per [RFC5630].

Cheers,
Charles

On 5/28/15, 5:17 AM, "Kathleen Moriarty"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
>draft-ietf-siprec-protocol-16: No Objection
>
>When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
>email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
>introductory paragraph, however.)
>
>
>Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
>for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.
>
>
>The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-protocol/
>
>
>
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>COMMENT:
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>I support Stephen's discuss.  Also, I don't see a minimum version
>specified for TLS, right now, it's 1.2.  Is there any reason that can't
>be added.  The text on cipher suites is good, but if you'd like to have a
>pointer to the recommended ones, the TLS BCP has them listed and that can
>be referenced as well, RFC7525.
>
>

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 16:35:21 -0400

> best practices when using TLS as per [RFC 7525], and MAY support SIPS with

Thanks, Charles!

Best regards,
Kathleen

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen