Subject: Re: [smartpower-interest] Looking for references/pointers to security research on wireless ad-hoc networks

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 11:01:38 +0100

Several people active (including at the WG document author level)
in the MANET WG, myself included, have done work in this area,
that relates to MANET WG protools (in my case for OLSR/OLSRv2,
including NHDP - RFC 6130). This work is unlikely to all be in
the public domain.

The extent to which this work has so far entered the WG (it may
well go further in due course) is that the WG has adopted (though
definitely not finalised) an ID how to add signatures to the
generalised packet/message format that the WG has adopted (RFC 5444).

-- 
Christopher Dearlove
Technology Leader, Communications Group
Communications and Networks Capability
BAE Systems Advanced Technology Centre
West Hanningfield Road, Great Baddow, Chelmsford, CM2 8HN, UK
Tel: +44 1245 242194  Fax: +44 1245 242124

BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
Registered Office: Warwick House, PO Box 87,
Farnborough Aerospace Centre, Farnborough, Hants, GU14 6YU, UK
Registered in England & Wales No: 1996687

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Akyol, Bora A
Sent: 25 April 2011 17:18
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [smartpower-interest] Looking for references/pointers to
security research on wireless ad-hoc networks

                    *** WARNING ***

  This message has originated outside your organisation,
  either from an external partner or the Global Internet. 
      Keep this in mind if you answer this message.

Hi everyone.

After doing the mandatory literature searches on IEEE, ACM and Google
Scholar, I am looking to see if I have missed
any ongoing work at IETF regarding authorization and authentication of
devices or software in wireless ad-hoc networks where
a centralized entity may not exist. Note that I am not looking for work
on routing in MANET or encryption technologies.

This is related to ongoing smart grid work that I am doing.

Thank you very much for your help,

--
Bora Akyol, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
+1 509 371 6682, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>, www.pnnl.gov
_______________________________________________
smartpower-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/smartpower-interest

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************