Subject: [smartpower-interest] CFP: ICST GreenNets 2011 - Smart Grid Comm. and Networking Workshop, France (Deadline August 5)

From: Cagri Gungor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 21:10:03 +0300

[We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.]

CALL FOR PAPERS

International Workshop on Smart Grid Communications and Networking in
conjunction with ICST International Conference on Green Communications
and Networking, October 5-7, 2011, Colmar, France

http://greenets.org/CFP_SmartGridCommunicationsNetworking_Workshop.shtml
http://www.greenets.org

Submission deadline: August 5th, 2011
---------------------------------------------------------

Today's electric power systems suffer from the lack of pervasive and
effective communications, monitoring, and automation. To overcome
these problems, recently the next generation electric power system,
i.e., smart grid, has been proposed. The main idea of smart grid is to
add monitoring, control, and communication capabilities to the
traditional electricity power grid to improve efficiency, reliability,
and safety while reducing the energy consumption. Thus, the
operational and commercial demands of electric power grid require a
high-performance communication network that supports both existing
functionalities and future operational requirements of the smart grid.

This workshop focuses on smart grid communications and networking
technologies and its objective is to get researchers from
universities, industry, and government laboratories together in order
to exchange new and interesting ideas, discuss enabling technologies,
and share field tests and pilot projects related to smart grid
technologies. Subjects of interests include, but are not limited to:

Topics of Interests:
-----------------------

- Smart Grids for Green Networking and Green Computing
- System Architectures and Applications for Smart Grid
- Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Technologies for Smart Grid
- Wireless Sensor Networks for Smart Grid
- Cognitive Communications for Smart Grid
- Power Line Communications for Smart Grid
- Smart Metering and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Technologies
- ZigBee, 6LowPAN, HomePlug, and Home-Area Networks (HAN)
- Security Problems and Solutions for Smart Grid
- Integration of Renewable Energy Resources and Storage Systems
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for Distributed Generation
- Real-Time and Dynamic Pricing for Electricity Markets
- Integration of Electric Vehicles and PHEVs with the Power Grid
- Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) Technologies
- Data Centers for Smart Grid
- Quality-of-Service Issues in Smart Grid
- Load Management and Demand Response Applications
- Wide-Area Monitoring, Control and Protection
- Standards and Regulations in Smart Grid
- Field Tests and Pilot Projects for Smart Grid Communications

Submission Guidelines:
-----------------------------

Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 7 pages for full
papers in ACM Proceedings format (7"x9" print area, single spaced,
double column, 9-pt font size). Please see
http://www.greenets.org/submission.shtm for details.

Important dates:
-----------------------

Paper Submission Deadline: August 5th, 2011

Notification of Acceptance: August 31st, 2011

Camera Ready Paper and Registration Due: September 15th, 2011

Organizers:
-----------------

Dr. Cagri Gungor (Bahcesehir University, E-mail: [email-masked])

Dr. Hung Yu Wei (National Taiwan University, Email: [email-masked] )

------------------------------

---
Asst. Prof. Çağrı Güngör
Graduate Programs (Ph.D. and M.S.) Coordinator

Bahcesehir University
Department of Computer Engineering
Beşiktaş, İstanbul, Turkey
Office Tel: +90-212-381-0896
E-mail: [email-masked]
Home page: http://akademik.bahcesehir.edu.tr/~cgungor/

---

From: "Akyol, Bora A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:11:18 -0700

SC11

										

    1st International Workshop on High Performance Computing,
Networking and Analytics for the Power GridSeattle, WA, USA, November 13,
2011

Workshop

Sensor deployments on the grid are expected to increase geometrically
 in the immediate future, while the demand for clean energy generation
is driving the use of non-dispatchable power sources, such as solar and
wind. New demands are being placed on the power infrastructure due to
the introduction of plug-in vehicles. These trends reinforce the need
for higher fidelity simulation of power grids, and higher frequency
measurement of their state.

Traditional grid simulation and monitoring tools cannot handle the
increased amounts of sensor data or computation imposed by these trends.
 The use of high performance computing and networking technologies is of
 paramount importance for the future power grid, particularly for its
stable operation in the presence of intermittent generation and
increased demands placed on its infrastructure.
The workshop intends to promote the use of high performance computing
 and networking for power grid applications. Technological and policy
changes make this an urgent priority. Sensor deployments on the grid are
 expected to increase geometrically in the immediate future, while the
demand for clean energy generation is driving the use of
non-dispatchable power sources such as solar and wind. New demands are
being placed on the power infrastructure due to the introduction of
plug-in vehicles. These trends reinforce the need for higher fidelity
simulation of power grids, and higher frequency measurement of their
state.

 Call For Papers

Our expected outcome from the workshop is to promote the use of high
performance computing and networking technologies for power grid
applications. We believe that this is of extreme importance given the
extensive technology deployments and potential disruptions for the power
 grid. Topics of interest for this workshop include:

* HPC applications for the power grid - Novel networking architectures for
the grid
* Sensor networks for the grid
* Use of intelligent sensors for grid applications
* Integration of sensor data streams & HPC applications
* Data-intensive analytics
* Libraries & software frameworks

The timeline for submissions is as follows:
1. Paper submission deadline: 09/01/11
2. Reviews & decisions due back to authors: 9/16/11
3. Camera-ready papers due: 10/01/11
4. Workshop: 11/13/11

To submit papers, please follow the instructions at the Submission link:
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hipcnapg2011.
For further questions, please contact [email-masked]

Program Committee:

Daniel Chavarría: [email-masked] (chair)
Daniel Kirschen
Boming Zhang
Terry Oliver
Bora Akyol
Henry Huang
Jeff Dagle
Mihai Anitescu
David Bakken
Patrick Panciatici
Gilbert Bindewald

 FPGI

This workshop is sponsored in part by the Future Power Grid
Initiative (FPGI), a laboratory directed research & development
initiative at the Pacific Northwest National Lab (PNNL). The goal of the
 FPGI is to develop the next-generation algorithms and tools for
networking, modeling and simulation, and visualization and decision
support to drive the transformation towards a more reliable and
efficient future power grid. The FPGI technical approach is to combine
PNNL's distinctive capabilities in power systems, data intensive
computing, high performance computing, and visual analytics to address
the complex problems from these real-time and large-scale challenges.

 Contact
Daniel G. Chavarría
Research Scientist
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
902 Battelle Boulevard
P.O. Box 999, MSIN: J4-30
Richland, WA 99352 USA
Tel.: (509)372-6964
Fax: (509)375-4595
[email-masked]