Subject: [smartpower-interest] IEC 61850 prototype design

From: suhas aggarwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:35:03 +0530

Respected sir,

Some key questions -

1)IEC 61850 Domain -

How to maintain efficiency of IEC 61850 server? How to make sure it has
minimum downtime ?
This lead to some questions such as how to minimize insertion and retrieval
times of records in IEC 61850 Database? how to take efficient back up of
data stored in IEC 61850 server? How to recover IEC 61850 server quickly in
case of crash? How to effectively manage memory occupied by database in IEC
61850 server?

2)Substation Network Architecture Domain -

a)How to tackle latency challenges at kernel level?How to generate GOOSE and
SMV packets quickly and efficiently? How and which headers to avoid during
packet construction?

b)How to efficiently manage keys? How to minimize key generation and key
transmission messages? How to implement efficient rekeying? How to implement
source of efficient key back up which can be queried within substation
network transparently?

Two papers are available which were published at ISGT 2011 Anaheim,CA.
https://sites.google.com/site/suhasprojectprofilesite/webpage/publications/isgt-papers-1

Sincerely,
Suhas Aggarwal