Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-x942-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:14:22 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the S/MIME Mail Security
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Diffie-Hellman Key Agreement Method
	Author(s)	: E. Rescorla
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-x942-07.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 30-Mar-99
	
This document standardizes one particular Diffie-Hellman variant,
   based on the ANSI X9.42 draft, developed by the ANSI X9F1 working
   group. Diffie-Hellman is a key agreement algorithm used by two par-
   ties to agree on a shared secret. An algorithm for converting the
   shared secret into an arbitrary amount of keying material is pro-
   vided. The resulting keying material is used as a symmetric encryp-
   tion key.  The Diffie-Hellman variant described requires the recipi-
   ent to have a certificate, but the originator may have a static key
   pair (with the public key placed in a certificate) or an ephemeral
   key pair.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-x942-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-smime-x942-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-x942-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.