Subject: Working Group Last Call:draft-ietf-smime-certdist-04.txt

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:53:41 -0500

Announcing S/MIME Working Group Last Call.

	Title		: Use of the CAST-128 Encryption Algorithm in S/MIME
	Author(s)	: Carlisle Adams
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-cast-128-00.txt
	Date		: September 1999
	
This document specifies how to incorporate CAST-128 [RFC2144] into S/MIME 
as an additional algorithm for symmetric encryption. The relevant OIDs and 
processing steps are provided so that CAST-128 may be included in the 
S/MIME Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) specification [RFC2630] for 
symmetric content and key encryption.

This document will become a Standards Track RFC.

Working Group Last Call will close on 28 November.

S/MIME WG Chair,
    Russ

---

From: "Ella P. Gardner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:52:55 -0500

Folks:

I would like to see the PKIX standard userCertificate attribute used for
S/MIME certificates. Supporting that, I would like to see several items
in David Chadwick's recent drafts supported:

	certificate matching rules
	returned matched value service control
	multiple attributes for RDNs

As I understand it, Microsoft has a requirement for an additional
attribute which would be signed and include pairs of certificates and
capabilities.

If the group agrees that this additional attribute is required, I think
that the draft should include a complete definition of the attribute in
directory speak. Maybe the current draft is understandable to the
members of this list, but I don't understand it from a directory point
of view.

Regards,
Ella