Subject: RE: draft-ietf-smime-cast-128-00.txt

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:48:29 -0500

Carlisle:

I do not have any problem with the progression as it is, but I would not 
like to forward an document to the IESG with any known errors.  Let's see 
what else comes out during working group last call....

Russ

At 11:26 AM 11/16/99 -0500, Carlisle Adams wrote:

>Hi Russ,
>----------  From:   Russ Housley[SMTP:[email-masked]]  Sent:   Friday, 
>November 12, 1999 4:11 
>PM  To:     [email-masked]  Cc:     [email-masked]  Subject: 
 > draft-ietf-smime-cast-128-00.txt

>The document is presently called: "Use of the CAST-128 Encryption 
>Algorithm  in S/MIME."  I would like to see it renamed to: "Use of the 
>CAST-128 Encryption Algorithm in CMS."  Basically, other applications that 
>use CMS should be able to make use of CAST-128.
>
>Good point.  I have no problem with this modification.
>
>Does this actually require a new draft, or can we just pass this 
>name-change instruction along to the IESG and RFC editor after the working 
>group Last Call has completed?
>
>Carlisle.