Subject: Comments on draft-ietf-smime-compression-05

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 13:12:50 +0100

Peter,

Just a couple of minor nits.  

1.  Section 1, para 1:  Change the SHOULD in the last sentence, this is
not a protocol statement so it should be lower case.

2.  Section 2:  For clarity (and to avoid missing the reference) I
suggest that the last paragraph should read:
"This algorithm has no parameters.  The parameters field SHOULD be
encoded as omitted, but MAY be encoded as NULL (see the implemenation
node in section 2.1)."

3.  ASN Module:  Imports should read:

IMPORTS
  CMSVersion, EncapsulatedContentInfo FROM CryptographicMessageSyntax
    { iso(1) member-body(2) us(840) rsadsi(113549)
      pkcs(1) pkcs-9(9) smime(16) modules(0) cms(1) }
  AlgorithmIdentifier FROM AuthenticationFramework
    { joint-iso-itu-t ds(5) module(1) authenticationFramework(7) 3 }; 

4.  ASN Module:
compression.asn(33) : error 1019: Type symbol
CompressionAlgorithmIdentifier never resolved.

Jim