Subject: Re: rfc2534 and multiple signing certificate attributes

From: Peter Sylvester <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:29:11 +0200 (MET DST)

> 
> Peter:
> 
> You are referring to ESS, RFC 2634, right?
ooops, yes.
 
> 
> In some cases, signatures are serial.  In this case, a countersignature 
> that contains the current Signing Certificate Attribute is sufficient.

In this case, too, the first signer or the document policy might want to
indicate: 'my signature is only valid if there is a countersignature from
"the boss"'. 

> 
> In other cases, signatures are parallel.  I think that your comments apply 
> to this situation.  Here, multiple signer info structures are present, each 
> with it's own Signing Certificate Attribute.  You are looking for a way to 
> bind two or more signer info structures together.  Am I understanding your 
> concern correctly?

Yes, binding together and making the signature validation fail if not all 
necessary signatures are present.