Subject: RE: WG Last Call: RFC2630-bis

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 23:06:29 -0700

Russ, 

Things are better -- here are my text comments.

1.  Section 5.4:  In the fragment
   "The IMPLICIT [0] tag in the signedAttributes is not used for the
DER"
   change to signedAttrs

2.  Section 9.1:  The description of items from originatorInfo to
authAttrs should be outdented one level.

3.  Section 10.1.6:  Insert a blank line before the ASN.

4. Security considerations:  Contains a reference to section 12.6

5.  I think that the OID defined for ContentInfo in the x400 documents
should be copied into the second on ContentInfo.

From -00 comments

35) Section 11: Update RFC 2459 text reference to "Son of 2459".

Jim

---

From: "Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:40:53 -0400

Jim:

>    "The IMPLICIT [0] tag in the signedAttributes is not used for the DER"
>    change to signedAttrs

Good catch.  Done.

>authAttrs should be outdented one level.

Agreed.  Done.

>3.  Section 10.1.6:  Insert a blank line before the ASN.

Done.

>4. Security considerations:  Contains a reference to section 12.6

Ooops.  That paragraph belongs (and is in) CMSALG.  I deleted it from 
RFC2630bis.

>should be copied into the second on ContentInfo.

This OID has always just been in the ASN.1.  I will gladly replicate it in 
section 3.

>35) Section 11: Update RFC 2459 text reference to "Son of 2459".

Done.

Russ