Subject: Re: WG Last Call: rfc2630bis and cmsalg

From: "Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:50:35 -0400

I have received a request to move the key wrap algorithms to a document of 
their own.  Do others think that this is a good idea or a bad idea?

Russ

---

From: "Sean P. Turner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:10:34 -0400

I can see if you're going to break out one set of "algorithm" information you
should break out the other.  I just want to know where the "map" is that is
going to tell me which parts of the 5 drafts I need to make sure get
implemented ;)

spt

---

From: "Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:29:54 -0400

Sean:

The point being made was that CMSALG does not include any of the other 
algorithms specifications, just how to use them in the CMS context.  And, 
the key wrap algorithm will be useful in other contexts.

Russ