Subject: CMS-X.400: [application/x400-content] versus [application/x400-bp ]

From: "Muzumdar, Hari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:11:22 +0530

Hello,

There was some discussion early this year about the proposed new MIME 
subtype "application/x400-content".

Have there been any further discussions and/or decisions on this topic? 
The mailing list contains only the initial few exchanges.

Was the application/x400-bp type (IANA-registered by RFC 1494) not 
considered? At first glance, this does look like it could encapsulate 
ForwardedContent. What were the reasons for proposing a new MIME type?

Best Regards,
		Hari.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 13:15:20 +0100

> ForwardedContent. What were the reasons for proposing a new MIME type?

Conveying a content within a ForwardedContent body-part clearly has a different semantic to conveying a content. Preserving that semantic is usually important to both originator and recipients.

Jim

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Clearswift monitors, controls and protects all its messaging traffic in compliance with its 
corporate email policy using Clearswift products. Find out more about Clearswift, its 
solutions and services at http://www.clearswift.com

********************************************************************************************************
This communication is confidential and may contain privileged information intended solely 
for the named addressee(s). It may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for 
which it has been sent. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute 
or take any action in reliance on it. Unless expressly stated, opinions in this message are 
those of the individual sender and not of Clearswift. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify Clearswift by emailing [email-masked] quoting the sender and
delete the message and any attached documents. Clearswift accepts no liability or 
responsibility for any onward transmission or use of emails and attachments having left the 
Clearswift domain.