Subject: S/MIME v3.1 vs SMIME v3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 14:59:21 +0100

In what way does S/MIME v3.1 improve/extend SMIME v3 ?
I've been looking for information on the differences (aside from the
message specifications themselves).

_________________________________________________________________
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.

---

From: "Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:13:37 -0400

The biggest difference is the algorithms that have been chosen as mandatory 
to implement.  The mail list archive contains an extensive discussion of 
this topic.

Russ