Subject: mistake in RFC 3126

From: Petra Barzin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:27:18 +0100

Hello,

I think there is a mistake in RFC 3126 - Electronic Signature
Formats for long term electronic signatures. The definition of the
RevocationValues attribute is as follows:

  RevocationValues ::=  SEQUENCE {
      crlVals           [0] SEQUENCE OF CertificateList     OPTIONAL,
      ocspVals          [1] SEQUENCE OF BasicOCSPResponse   OPTIONAL,
      otherRevVals      [2] OtherRevVals
   }

Shouldn't the other revocation values be optional as well?
Did I miss something or am I right?

Best regards - Petra Barzin

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:50:51 -0500

This definitely looks like an error to me.

Russ