Subject: WG LAST CALL: draft-ietf-smime-rfc3369bis-02.txt

From: "Blake Ramsdell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 02:07:46 -0700

This message initiates an SMIME Working Group Last Call on the document:

	Title		: Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
	Author(s)	: R. Housley
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-rfc3369bis-02.txt
	Pages		: 55
	Date		: March, 2004

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-rfc3369bis-02.txt

The purpose of this WG Last Call is to ensure that the Working Group has
achieved consensus that the document is suitable for publication as a
Proposed Standard.

Please review the document for both technical and editorial problems.
Technical issues should be discussed on this list.  Editorial issues may
be sent to the document editor.

The Last Call period will end on Tuesday, April 20, 2004.

Upon completion of the last call, the WG chairs will take action based
upon the consensus of the WG. Possible actions include:

   1) recommending to the IETF Security Area Directors
      that the document, after possible editorial or
      other minor changes, be considered by the IESG
      for publication as a Standard Track RFC
      (which generally involves an IETF-wide Last Call); or

   2) requiring that outstanding issues be adequately
      addressed prior to further action (including,
      possibly, another WG Last Call).

Remember that it is our responsibility as Working Group members to
ensure the quality of our documents and of the Internet Standards
process.  So, please read and comment!

--
Blake Ramsdell | Sendmail, Inc. | http://www.sendmail.com

---

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 13:22:33 -0700

Russ,

Everything looks fine except for the fact that there are a set of formatting
errors in the text:

1.  Formatting error in section 5.1 (end of page 8) has returned.

2.  Formatting error in section 6.2 (last text paragraph)

3.  Formatting error in section 6.3 (paragraph #1)

4.  Formatting error in section 10.2.3 (last text paragraph)

Jim

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 09:04:23 -0400

Jim:

Thanks you for the careful review.

>1.  Formatting error in section 5.1 (end of page 8) has returned.

Fixed (again).

>2.  Formatting error in section 6.2 (last text paragraph)

Fixed.

>3.  Formatting error in section 6.3 (paragraph #1)

Fixed.

>4.  Formatting error in section 10.2.3 (last text paragraph)

Fixed.

Russ