Subject: Re: good crnedit

From: "Ilene Channell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 13:03:17 -0700

the www site <http://geocities.com/ArsenuiritcliffBeal/> 

 
Bilbo could understand what he said, for he used ordinary language and
not bird-speech). I am Rac son of Carc. Carc is dead, but he was well
known to you once. It is a hundred years and three and fifty since I
came out of the egg, but I do not forget what my father told me. Now I
am the chief of the great ravens of the Mountain. We are few, but we
remember still the king that was of old. Most of my people are abroad,
for there are great tidings in the South  some are tidings of joy to
you, and some you will not think so good. Behold! the birds are
gathering back again to the Mountain and to Dale from South and East and
West, for word has gone out that Smaug is dead! Dead! Dead? shouted
the dwarves. Dead! Then we have been in needless fear-and the treasure
is ours!
They all sprang up and began to caper about for joy.
Yes, dead, said Rac. The thrush, may his feathers never fall, saw
him die, and we may trust his words. He saw him fall in battle with the
men of Esgaroth the third night back from now at the rising of the