Subject: Re: About countersignature in RFC 4134

From: Jan Ulrik Kjærsgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:20:14 +0200

In RFC 4134 sample 4.4 there is a problem with the text as the 
countersignature is not produced by Diane but by Alice.

Jan
---
On Jan 26, 2006, at 1:17 PM, Russ Housley wrote:

Has anyone confirmed this issue. If it is confirmed, the WG should submit 
an errata to the RFC Editor. 

It looks like there is a discrepancy here -- the text says:

(Countersignature by Diane)

and the signature is indeed the serial number for Alice.

Joël, in your testing did the countersignature verify with Alice's 
certificate? 

I'm trying to figure out if the error here is the text "(Countersignature 
by Diane)" or the serial number of the certificate needs to be changed to 
Diane's. I'm presuming that it's just the text. 

Blake
--
Blake Ramsdell | Sendmail, Inc. | http://www.sendmail.com