Subject: NIST IBE Workshop

From: Andrew Regenscheid <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:54:00 -0500

NIST is holding a workshop on pairing-based cryptography and 
identity-based encryption in June of 2008.  I believe this is of 
interest to some of you given the S/MIME Working Group's efforts on 
the IBE internet drafts.  This workshop will focus on applications 
and will help us establish direction for future NIST work on 
pairing-based cryptography.  For more information, see the call for 
participation included below.

Thanks,
Andrew Regenscheid, NIST

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Applications of Pairing-Based Cryptography: Identity-Based Encryption 
and Beyond
June 3-4, 2008
NIST, Gaithersburg, MD

This workshop brings together academia, government and industry to 
explore innovative and practical applications of pairing-based 
cryptography.  Pairings have been used to create identity-based 
encryption schemes, but are also a useful tool for solving other 
cryptographic problems.  We hope to encourage the development of new 
security applications and communication between researchers, 
developers and users.  In addition to presentations, the workshop 
will facilitate panel discussions among invited experts and workshop 
participants.

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
NIST solicits presentations and panel proposals from all interested 
parties, including researchers, system architects, vendors, and 
users. Suggested topics and complete submission details can be found 
at http://www.nist.gov/ibe

IMPORTANT DATES
   --Abstracts due: February 1, 2008
   --Notification to presenters: February 29, 2008
   --Presentation slides due: May 16, 2008

WORKSHOP REGISTRATION FEES
   -- $145 on or before May 10, 2008
   -- $185 after May 10, 2008

More details on the workshop are available at http://www.nist.gov/ibe