Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-smime-sha2-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:40:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using SHA2 Algorithms with Cryptographic Message Syntax
	Author(s)       : S. Turner
	Filename        : draft-ietf-smime-sha2-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-01-30

This document describes the conventions for using the message digest 
algorithms SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, as defined in FIPS 
180-3, with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS). It also describes 
the conventions for using these algorithms with CMS and the DSA, RSA, 
and ECDSA signature algorithms. 

 
 Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-sha2-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-smime-sha2-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-sha2-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Turner, Sean P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:44:26 -0500

This draft incorporates some suggested changes I received offlist. All but
one was editorial, which was to point to FIPS 180-3 vice -2. Since we point
to FIPS 186-3 instead of -2 it seemed like a good idea to point to the most
up to date doc.

spt

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:40 AM
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-smime-sha2-03.txt 
>
>This document describes the conventions for using the message 
>digest algorithms SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, as 
>defined in FIPS 180-3, with the Cryptographic Message Syntax 
>(CMS). It also describes the conventions for using these 
>algorithms with CMS and the DSA, RSA, and ECDSA signature algorithms. 
>
>
> 
> 
>The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL 
>NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and 
>"OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described 
>in [RFC2119].
>
>To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a 
>message to [email-masked] with the word 
>unsubscribe in the body of the message.
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login 
>with the username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail 
>address. After logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or 
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail 
>reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII 
>version of the Internet-Draft.
>