Subject: [smime] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC4490 (5099)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 02:17:44 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC4490,
"Using the GOST 28147-89, GOST R 34.11-94, GOST R 34.10-94, and GOST R 34.10-2001 Algorithms with Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5099

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>

Section: 12.1

Original Text
-------------
   [GOST3431004] "Information technology. Cryptographic Data Security.
                 Formation and verification processes of (electronic)
                 digital signature based on Asymmetric Cryptographic
                 Algorithm.", GOST 34.310-2004, Council for
                 Standardization, Metrology and Certification of the
                 Commonwealth of Independence States (EASC), Minsk,
                 2004. (In Russian)

Corrected Text
--------------
   [GOST3431004] "Information technology. Cryptographic Data Security.
                 Formation and verification processes of [electronic]
                 digital signature.", GOST 34.310-2004, Council for
                 Standardization, Metrology and Certification of the
                 Commonwealth of Independence States (EASC), Minsk,
                 2004. (In Russian)

Notes
-----
Incorrect standard name.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC4490 (draft-ietf-smime-gost-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Using the GOST 28147-89, GOST R 34.11-94, GOST R 34.10-94, and GOST R 34.10-2001 Algorithms with Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
Publication Date    : May 2006
Author(s)           : S. Leontiev, Ed., G. Chudov, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : S/MIME Mail Security
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 10:16:00 -0400

Nikolai:

My guess is that the error in the title will not prevent anyone from finding the correct document.  If you agree, then this errata should be marked as "Hold for Future Update".

Russ

> On Aug 28, 2017, at 5:17 AM, RFC Errata System <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> smime mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/smime