Subject: snmpconf PM MIB module issue #16 CLOSED - index of pmRoleTable

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 12:29:47 +0200

Greetings,

Issue #16 states:
 * Table indexing on pmRoleTable

   Issues:  the IMPLIED keyword serves no useful purpose in this
   case and will be removed.

If you look at the most recent draft, you'll see that it's gone.

   Secondly, the index can become larger than the 128
   subidentifier limit set by the SMI.  Consequently, the
   indexing needs to be re-examined.

In going through examples, and in considering the options, it
appears that, while the index can be long, it will not exceed 128
subidentifiers.  Given the need for all of the indices, no change
has been made and none is needed.

Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

Cheers,

--
David Partain                  [email-masked]
Ericsson Radio Systems AB      Tel:    +46 13 28 41 44
Research and Innovation        Fax:    +46 13 28 75 67
P.O. Box 1248
SE-581 12  Linköping, Sweden