Subject: snmpconf Closure on the document Configuring Networks and Devices With SNMP

From: Jon Saperia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 07:05:55 -0400

After many revisions of the document, Configuring Networks and Devices 
With SNMP, currently in the drafts directory as: 
draft-ietf-snmpconf-bcp-09.txt, the authors/WG co-chairs feel that it is 
more than 'good enough' to call complete.  The 09 update referenced above 
has a date of June 11, 2002 on it.  

After last call there were comments posted to the wg list calling for 
additional changes. The publication of this document as a BCP has always 
been a contentions issue on the WG list. Even though there were comments 
by only one WG member after the last call, the authors feel it is better 
to publish this as an informational RFC rather than invest further effort 
in it. The work to value ratio does not seem to be there and a 
number of readers have already commented that the document as is has 
value. Rather than further delay, we recommend publication of the current 
draft as an informational RFC. If other members of the WG wish to take up 
the document after publication and evolve it as a BCP they could do so, 
assuming that the WG was re-charted for an extension. There are no such 
plans at this time.

Your editors and Co-Chairs,
Mike MacFaden, David Partain, Wayne Tackabury and Jon Saperia

---

From: Jon Saperia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:53:21 -0400

Hi all,

It has been two weeks since this posting and there have been no comments 
or objections.  We will send the document out as informational.

Thanks
/jon

----------  Forwarded Message  ----------

Subject: snmpconf Closure on the document Configuring Networks and Devices 
With SNMP
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 07:05:55 -0400
From: Jon Saperia <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

-------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Jon Saperia                         
				
[email-masked]
Phone: 617-744-1079
Fax:   617-249-0874
http://www.jdscons.com/