Subject: catty-cornered

From: Owen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 12:27:15 -0500

ERMX Grabs Edge Of US Trade With China And Moves Into Nitride Devices!

EntreMetrix Inc. (ERMX)
$0.16

Congress's push to increase trade agreements with China gives ERMX huge
advantage as they enter joint venture to manufacture Nitride Devices for
military, energy and technological solutions in China. This is huge. Get
on ERMX Monday!

Interface objects are created as parser finds them in the script.
Editing of all objects is done in a separate floating editor window that
can be kept open at all times.
This tool can now be used to populate object database using shell
scripts or other automation. Native packages are distributed by
NetCitadel LLC, you can download them here.

Besides the "cookbook", I moved all the documents that used to be
published on the old site here, and added many new ones. The template
library will be extended in the future releases. Currently opened data
file is not affected by this operation and objects in the tree do not
change.

Supported only by compilers for iptables and PF. Policy compiler for
iptables can now use iptables-restore to activate firewall policy.
You can post comments to each article and I am hoping to move some of
the interesting discussions we've had in the "Open Forum" here.

TCPService object "All TCP established" has been added to the Standard
objects library. Window size and position is remembered across multiple
sessions for all dialogs.
This will help users with policies with many branches, however it does
not solve the problem because as they keep adding branches, at some
point they won't fit in the window again.
This makes compiler use option "established" in rules it generates if it
is supported by the firewall platform.
DNSName:  This object resolves a host name to the IP address using DNS.
Compiler for PF creates a table and also lists all IP addresses it reads
from the file; it uses the name of the AddressTable object for the name
of the table it creates. Here also the name of the table is the same as
the name of the AddressTable object it was created for. Improvements in
"Find" function: administrator can now drag an object into a well in the
find dialog panel to make it search for this particular object.

Rules are placed in INPUT,OUTPUT and FORWARD chain of the "mangle"
table, this ensures that DNAT happens before rules placed in the mangle
table see the packet. Ability to emulate terminating behavior for rules
with actions Classify and Tag and improved shadowing detection for these
rules have been added in compiler for iptables. Two modes of
drag-and-drop of objects in policy and NAT rules: dragging of an object
moves it; dragging of an object with Ctrl key pressed copies it Multiple
objects can be selected in the tree.

html , rerouting happens after OUTPUT hook but before POSTROUTING hook.

While before auto-rollback option was only available if you installed in
the test mode, now you can always use it. User can choose the mode by
clilcking on the toolbar button under the information panel.
Keeping track of dependencies between objects.
All relevant ANTLR files are included in the package.

Compiler is more tolerant while processing Address Table object with
empty address file or with a file with empty lines.

Route:  This action makes the firewall to route the packet that matches
the rule through an interface or a gateway specified in the parameters
of the action. It is time to change it.

Interface objects are created as parser finds them in the script.
Support for "prolog" and "epilog" scripts has been added for all
platforms. Currently Firewall Builder can only generate policy and NAT
rules for the Linksys box running Sveasoft firmware.

This release implements more portable solution that works on all
supported platforms.

The GUI includes built-in installer for routers which works just like
installer for PIX. html , rerouting happens after OUTPUT hook but before
POSTROUTING hook.
Iptables-restore provides for atomic policy load and allows to load
large policy much faster. Compiler can also add commands to configure
logging. Custom:  This action allows administrator to define arbitrary
piece of code to be used in place of an action. New object types and
improvements in the base API TCPService object now has flag
"established". Compiler skips interfaces marked as "unprotected" when it
decides which interface a policy rule should be assigned to. User can
choose the mode by clilcking on the toolbar button under the information
panel. All three installation methods that were available for PIX are
now available for routers: you can make it clear all access lists and
then load new ones or just update access lists without clearing.