Subject: [Softwires] Protocol Action: 'Advertising IPv4 Network Layer Reachability Information with an IPv6 Next Hop' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:30:11 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Advertising IPv4 Network Layer Reachability Information with an IPv6 
   Next Hop '
   <draft-ietf-softwire-v4nlri-v6nh-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Softwires Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Mark Townsley and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-v4nlri-v6nh-02.txt

Technical Summary

This draft describes how to associate an IPv4 prefix with an IPv6
nexthop and carry it in BGP.

Working Group Summary

The SOFTWIRE WG supports the development and advancement of this
document.

Protocol Quality

This document was thoroughly reviewed by WG chairs and WG members,
including those with expertise in IPv4 to IPv6 transitions and
interworking.

Dave Ward is the WG chair shepherd. Mark Townsley is the
responsible Area
director.