Subject: [Softwires] RFC 5619 on Softwire Security Analysis and Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 16:56:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5619

        Title:      Softwire Security Analysis and Requirements 
        Author:     S. Yamamoto, C. Williams,
                    H. Yokota, F. Parent
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 64657
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-softwire-security-requirements-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5619.txt

This document describes security guidelines for the softwire "Hubs
and Spokes" and "Mesh" solutions.  Together with discussion of the
softwire deployment scenarios, the vulnerability to security attacks
is analyzed to provide security protection mechanisms such as
authentication, integrity, and confidentiality to the softwire
control and data packets.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute