Subject: [Softwires] Protocol Action: 'IPv6 Rapid Deployment on IPv4 Infrastructures (6rd)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 11:19:28 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IPv6 Rapid Deployment on IPv4 Infrastructures (6rd) '
   <draft-ietf-softwire-ipv6-6rd-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Softwires Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-ipv6-6rd-10.txt

Technical Summary

   This document specifies an automatic tunneling mechanism tailored
   to advance deployment of IPv6 to end users via a Service Provider's
   IPv4 network infrastructure. Key aspects include automatic IPv6
   prefix delegation to sites, stateless operation, simple
   provisioning, and service which is equivalent to native IPv6 at the
   sites which are served by the mechanism.

Working Group Summary

   This document was discussed in depth and well-reviewed. There is
   some disagreement over small details, but overall WG consensus is
   strong to publish this document.  The details of the DHCP option
   defined in this document were reviewed by the dhc WG.

Document Quality

   There are multiple, independent, interoperable implementations of
   this protocol today. One service provider has a large deployment of
   this protocol, several other service providers have announced plans
   to deploy or interest in deploying.

Personnel

   Alain Durand ([email-masked]) and Dave Ward
   ([email-masked]) are the document shepherds.  Ralph
   Droms ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.

---

From: Alain Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 12:42:43 -0700

Congratulation to Mark & Ole to get this thought!

  - Alain.

On May 24, 2010, at 2:19 PM, The IESG wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Softwires mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires

---

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 21:59:01 +0200

> Congratulation to Mark & Ole to get this thought!

Well, Remi got it "thought", Ole and I got it "Through" ;-)

Thanks to all involved, in terms of "IETF time" softwires moves pretty
quickly on this one:

http://www.arkko.com/tools/lifecycle/draft-ietf-softwire-ipv6-6rd-timing.html

I'm looking forward to that DHCP code point now!

- Mark

---

From: Alain Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 19:20:29 -0700

On May 24, 2010, at 3:59 PM, Mark Townsley wrote:

oops... My keyboard failed me again... Sorry, Rémi, I did not intended to take the credits away from you!

   - Alain.