Subject: [Softwires] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-zhou-softwire-ds-lite-p2p-00

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 11:10:55 +0800

Hi all,
Comments are welcome.

GI-DS-lite [I-D.ietf-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite] describes the use
   of Gateway-Initiated softwire tunnels operating between the Gateway
   and the Address Family Transition Router (AFTR) to conserve IPv4
   addresses.  Flows from multiple access devices (CPEs) can be
   distinguished through use of Context Identifiers (CID).  GI-DS-lite
   describes an architecture where each CPE is a single device.  It does
   not cover the case where each CPE manages multiple hosts.  This is
   common in fixed network deployment and home network deployment over
   air.

   GI-DS-lite proposes few tunnel modes used for CID.  One option is to
   use Plain IP-in-IP.  In this mode, a unique IPv4 address must be
   assigned for each CPE from the gateway.  As such, it does not support
   CPEs using overlapped address.  To support overlapped address space,
   stateful tunnel (eg.  GRE) is required between gateway and AFTR.  It
   is expensive to create one stateful tunnel per CPE especially in
   fixed network non-mobility deployment.

   DS-Extra-lite [I-D.arkko-dual-stack-extra-lite] describes that when
   the CPE is connected to the gateway by point-to-point link rather
   than shared media connection, it is unnecessary for the CID to be an
   IP address.  If another identifier with the required uniqueness
   properties can be found (eg.  VLAN and ATM PVC), the gateway can use
   the per-interface identity to uniquely identify the CPE.  This
   relaxes the contraint of using CPE's IPv4 address for uniqueness.

   This memo describes a framework to use the point-to-point identifier
   and the IPv6 Flow Label [RFC3697] to create a unique binding in the
   AFTR for CPEs using overlapped address space in the point-to-point
   access network.

B. R.
Tina
http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "IETF I-D Submission Tool" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 8:50 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-zhou-softwire-ds-lite-p2p-00

>
> A new version of I-D, draft-zhou-softwire-ds-lite-p2p-00.txt has been 
> successfully submitted by Cathy Zhou and posted to the IETF repository.
>
> Filename: draft-zhou-softwire-ds-lite-p2p
> Revision: 00
> Title: Deployment DS-lite in Point-to-Point Access Network
> Creation_date: 2010-06-01
> WG ID: Independent Submission
> Number_of_pages: 9
>
> Abstract:
> Gateway-Initiated Dual-Stack lite (GI-DS-lite) is a proposal to
> logically extend existing access tunnels beyond the access gateway to
> AFTR using softwires with an embedded context identifier.  This memo
> describes a deployment model using GI-DS-lite in Point-to-Point
> access network.
>
>
>
> The IETF Secretariat.
>
>
>

---

From: "Lee, Yiu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 11:33:14 -0400

We submitted 01 which includes a session to discuss how to communicate to
the operator managed devices (eg. STB, ATA) behind the p2p CPE. Comments and
thoughts are welcome.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhou-softwire-ds-lite-p2p-01