Subject: [Softwires] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-softwire-ds-lite-tunnel-option-08

From: David Hankins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:01:57 -0800

Incorporating (opposing) comments from the softwire and DHC wg's;

1) Servers MUST send one option relaxed to SHOULD, on the basis that current
DHCPv6 server implementations don't have a control for how many instances of
"new options" (defined after the software is released) may be configured or
sent.

2) Introduction of a new term, a "B4 system", which is the amalgamation of
the B4 element we are configuring and any other software co-resident
(specifically the DHCPv6 client or other configuration management layers).
 Several normative specifications are changed to refer to the B4 system
instead of "the client" which could otherwise be seen to require a change in
software implementation of DHCPv6 clients specifically - we don't want that.
 Either the DHCPv6 client, the B4 element, or some software joining the two
in the middle need to validate that only one domain name is being used, and
we don't care which one.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 1:46 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-softwire-ds-lite-tunnel-option-08
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-softwire-ds-lite-tunnel-option-08.txt has
been successfully submitted by David Hankins and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:        draft-ietf-softwire-ds-lite-tunnel-option
Revision:        08
Title:           Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6)
Option for Dual- Stack Lite
Creation_date:   2011-01-21
WG ID:           softwire
Number_of_pages: 8

Abstract:
This document specifies a DHCPv6 option which is meant to be used by
a Dual-Stack Lite Basic Bridging Broadband (B4) element to discover
the IPv6 address of its corresponding Address Family Transition
Router (AFTR).

The IETF Secretariat.

-- 
David W. Hankins
SRE
Google, Inc.