Subject: [Softwires] RFC 6333 on Dual-Stack Lite Broadband Deployments Following IPv4 Exhaustion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 12:12:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6333

        Title:      Dual-Stack Lite Broadband Deployments Following 
                    IPv4 Exhaustion 
        Author:     A. Durand, R. Droms,
                    J. Woodyatt, Y. Lee
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 65622
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-softwire-dual-stack-lite-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6333.txt

This document revisits the dual-stack model and introduces the Dual-
Stack Lite technology aimed at better aligning the costs and benefits
of deploying IPv6 in service provider networks.  Dual-Stack Lite
enables a broadband service provider to share IPv4 addresses among
customers by combining two well-known technologies: IP in IP (IPv4-
in-IPv6) and Network Address Translation (NAT).  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC