Subject: [Softwires] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mdt-softwire-map-deployment-02.txt

From: Maoke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 07:52:37 +0000

hi all,

according to the discussion on the previous submission we update the MAP
deployment draft as this -02 version, and call for your review before we
re-submit it as the WG doc for the chair review.

the changes in comparison to the -01 versions are:

1. draft-ietf-softwire-map-01, replacing the
draft-mdt-ietf-softwire-mapping-address-and-port is cited;
2. Section 5 is devided into sub-sections 5.1 and 5.2 where 5.1 is the
major part of original Section 5 while 5.2 is a revised version of the
"Remarks" of the original Section 5, including the extreme cases and
recommendations/non-recommendations regarding the MAP deployment;
3. editorial updates: merging Normative and Informational References into a
simple Reference section.

your comments and recommendations are welcome. considering the -01 version
didn't receive any obvious objection but some suggestions that we have
considered in this version, if we don't receive objections on the above
changes, we plan to re-submit this -02 version as the WG draft,
draft-ietf-softwire-map-deployment-00, by July 1st.

thanks and regards,
maoke

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2012/6/29
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-mdt-softwire-map-deployment-02.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-mdt-softwire-map-deployment-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Qiong Sun and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-mdt-softwire-map-deployment
Revision:        02
Title:           Mapping of Address and Port (MAP) - Deployment
Considerations
Creation date:   2012-06-29
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 33
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mdt-softwire-map-deployment-02.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mdt-softwire-map-deployment
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mdt-softwire-map-deployment-02
Diff:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mdt-softwire-map-deployment-02

Abstract:
  This document describes when and how an operator uses the technique
  of Mapping of Address and Port (MAP) for the IPv4 residual deployment
  in the IPv6-dominant domain.

The IETF Secretariat