Subject: [Softwires] I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-4rd-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 00:42:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPv4 Residual Deployment via IPv6 - a unified Stateless Solution (4rd)
	Author(s)       : Remi Despres
                          Reinaldo Penno
                          Yiu Lee
                          Gang Chen
                          Sheng Jiang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-4rd-02.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2012-06-30

Abstract:
   The 4rd automatic tunneling mechanism makes IPv4 Residual Deployment
   possible via IPv6 networks without maintaining for this per-customer
   states in 4rd-capable nodes (reverse of the IPv6 Rapid Deployment of
   6rd).  To cope with the IPv4 address shortage, customers can be
   assigned IPv4 addresses with restricted port sets.  In some
   scenarios, 4rd-capable customer nodes can exchange packets of their
   IPv4-only applications via stateful NAT64s that are upgraded to
   support 4rd tunnels (in addition to their IP/ICMP translation of
   [RFC6145]).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-4rd

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-4rd-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-softwire-4rd-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/