Subject: [Softwires] MAP-DHCP draft adoption?

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 18:31:26 +0200

Dear chairs, dear group,

Some time after Paris it was decided that MAP should be adopted as a WG
item. I assume that the general agreement is that this decision covers
its companion document that specifies provisioning mechanism over DHCPv6
as well.

After Paris meeting work on DHCPv6 options continued. Two authors left,
one joined. There was some editorial and non-editorial changes. Many of
those changes are a result of following main MAP draft. Others are
DHCPv6 clarifications. A separate option for DMR was defined. Port
parameters option was slightly modified. That updated version was just
uploaded as draft-mdt-softwire-map-dhcp-option-03. You can use standard
links to compare them, if you want to.

It would be good to avoid hiccups similar to those encountered after -00
versions of  ietf-softwire-map and ietf-softwire-4rd were posted. Taking
this into consideration, I would like to ask the following:

Which version should be uploaded as -00 WG document: the old one (-02,
that was published in January) or the updated one (-03, with
aforementioned changes)?

I suppose that question is directed to chairs, but group's comments is
welcome as well.

If we decide to adopt -02, we will still need to do minor changes,
namely removal of two authors who asked to be removed. All changes
between -02 and -03 seems reasonable in authors' opinion, so we will be
proposing to include them in future versions.

If we decide to adopt -03, we will avoid extra work of going over all
changes and getting them approved one by one. If any of the changes are
considered controversial, we can remove them in the next revision if
that is WG consensus.

If you don't have any preference, I would recommend going with -03.

Thanks in advance,
Tomek

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 13:40:29 -0400

In the IETF, a document being adopted by a working group does not 
generally imply that other related documents are adopted.  There may be 
many reasons why the WG does not (or does) wish to do so.
Each docoument is adopted when the chgairs, after consulting the working 
group, determine that it is adopted.

Yours,
Joel

On 7/4/2012 12:31 PM, Tomek Mrugalski wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Softwires mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires
>