Subject: [Softwires] New Version Notification for draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-03.txt

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 10:48:01 -0500

A new version of I-D, draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Behcet Sarikaya and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast
Revision:        03
Title:           Multicast Support for 4rd
Creation date:   2012-07-17
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 15
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-03.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-03
Diff:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-03

Abstract:
   This memo specifies 4rd technology's multicast component so that IPv4
   hosts can receive multicast data from IPv4 servers over an IPv6
   network.  In 4rd Translation Multicast solution for 4rd and
   translation variant of MAP, MAP-T, IGMP messages are translated into
   MLD messages at the CE router which is IGMP/MLD Proxy and sent to the
   network in IPv6. 4rd Border Relay does the reverse translation and
   joins IPv4 multicast group for 4rd hosts.  Border Relay as multicast
   router receives IPv4 multicast data and translates the packet into
   IPv6 multicast data and sends downstream on the multicast tree.
   Member CEs receive multicast data, translate it back to IPv4 and
   transmit to the hosts.  In 4rd encapsulation solution for
   encapsulation variant of MAP, MAP-E, IGMP Proxy at the 4rd Customer
   Edge router uses IPv4-in-IPv6 tunnel established by MAP-E to exchange
   IGMP messages to establish multicast state at MAP Border Relay so
   that MAP Border Relay can tunnel IPv4 multicast data to IPv4 hosts
   connected to MAP Customer Edge device.

The IETF Secretariat