Subject: [Softwires] RFC 6674 on Gateway-Initiated Dual-Stack Lite Deployment

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:12:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6674

        Title:      Gateway-Initiated Dual-Stack Lite Deployment 
        Author:     F. Brockners, S. Gundavelli,
                    S. Speicher, D. Ward
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 32731
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6674.txt

Gateway-Initiated Dual-Stack Lite (GI-DS-Lite) is a variant of Dual-
Stack Lite (DS-Lite) applicable to certain tunnel-based access
architectures.  GI-DS-Lite extends existing access tunnels beyond the
access gateway to an IPv4-IPv4 NAT using softwires with an embedded
Context Identifier that uniquely identifies the end-system to which
the tunneled packets belong.  The access gateway determines which
portion of the traffic requires NAT using local policies and sends/
receives this portion to/from this softwire.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC