Subject: [Softwires] New Version Notification for draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-04.txt

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 09:01:44 -0500

Hi all,

We have submitted Rev. 04 of MAP & lw4over6 multicast protocol
document. This version proposes only translation multicast not uses
encapsulation multicast which has the avalanche issues.

Regards,

Behcet

A new version of I-D, draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Behcet Sarikaya and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast
Revision:       04
Title:          Multicast Support for Mapping of Address and Port
Protocol and Light Weight 4over6
Document date:  2015-06-08
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          16
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-04.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-04
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-04

Abstract:
   This memo specifies multicast component for MAP and Light Weight
   4over6 so that IPv4 hosts can receive multicast data from IPv4
   servers over an IPv6 network.  The solution developed is based on
   translation.  In the Translation Multicast solution for MAP (MAP-E
   and MAP-T) and lw4o6, IGMP messages are translated into MLD messages
   and sent to the network in IPv6.  MAP Border Relay/lwAFTR does the
   reverse translation and joins IPv4 multicast group for the hosts.
   Border Relay/lwAFTR as multicast router receives IPv4 multicast data
   and translates the packet into IPv6 multicast data and sends
   downstream on the multicast tree.  Member CEs/lwB4s receive multicast
   data, translate it back to IPv4 and transmit to the hosts.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat