Subject: [Softwires] Protocol Action: 'DS-Lite Management Information Base (MIB) for AFTRs' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-mib-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 05:22:49 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DS-Lite Management Information Base (MIB) for AFTRs'
  (draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-mib-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Softwires Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-mib/

Technical Summary

Dual-stack Lite (DS-Lite) [RFC6333] is a transition technique that
enable operators to multiplex public IPv4 addresses while
provisioning only IPv6 to users. This document defines the related 
the Management Information Base (MIB) for using with network 
management protocols in the Internet community.  This MIB module 
may be used for configuration and monitoring devices in a Dual-Stack 
Lite scenario.

Working Group Summary

This document was discussed in depth and well-reviewed, 
including MIB doctor review. 
The WG achieves the consensus to publish this document.

Document Quality

I'm not aware of any implementation for the MIB. DS-Lite is an 
important protocol for IPv4/IPv6 coexistence, while its MIB 
should be the basis to support the management of DS-Lite.
The document has addressed all the concerns raised by the WG 
and the MIB Doctor.

Personnel

 Yong Cui, is the Document Shepherd.
Terry Manderson is the Responsible AD.

IANA Note

This document needs new IANA-assigned OBJECT IDENTIFIER and new 
IANA-assigned tunnelType.