Subject: [Softwires] Protocol Action: 'Softwire Mesh Management Information Base (MIB)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-mib-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 04:17:38 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Softwire Mesh Management Information Base (MIB)'
  (draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-mib-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Softwires Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-mib/

Technical Summary

   The Softwire mesh framework is a tunneling mechanism that enables
   the connectivity between islands of IPv4 networks across a single
   IPv6 backbone and vice versa.  In softwire mesh, extended
   multiprotocol-BGP (MP-BGP)is used to set up tunnels and advertise
   prefixes among address family border routers (AFBRs).  The softwire
   mesh MIB provides a method to configure and manage the softwire
   mesh objects through SNMP.

Working Group Summary

  The working group had active discussion on the draft and the current
  text of the draft is representative of the consensus of the working
  group. There were no controversial discussions regarding this
  document.

Document Quality

  The document has received adequate review. The Document Shepherd has
  no concerns about the depth or breadth of these reviews. There was a
  MIB doctor review that raised a few issues that have since been
  resolved.

Personnel

  Suresh Krishnan is the document shepherd. Terry Manderson is the
  responsible AD.

IESG Note

The MIB contained in the document produces two warnings with smilint
as described in Question 19 (and shown below). The MIB doctor review of this document in
version -03 did not contain any remarks about these warnings and I am
assuming this warning are benign. I just wanted to provide a heads
up to the OPS ADs.

mibs/SOFTWIRE-MESH-MIB:110: [5] {index-exceeds-too-large} warning:
index of row `swmEncapsEntry' can exceed OID size limit by 136
subidentifier(s)

mibs/SOFTWIRE-MESH-MIB:198: [5] {index-exceeds-too-large} warning:
index of row `swmBGPNeighborEntry' can exceed OID size limit by 135
subidentifier(s)