Subject: [solace] Status of solace?

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 15:06:46 +0100

Hi all,

I am wondering what the status of Solace (see 
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/solace) is. No new messages since 
March this year.

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 14:27:15 -0500

Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/solace) is. No new messages since March
    > this year.

I think it has little purpose, and 100% overlap with ACE.

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 07:17:10 +0100

> I think it has little purpose, and 100% overlap with ACE.

As should be obvious from the names, ACE is half of SOLACE.

More seriously, if we do ACE right, it will cover much of the low-hanging fruit of SOLACE.
Over time, it can evolve to cover the rest that is achievable.

Sp the subscribers of this list should definitely have a look over at ACE:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ace
and
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/wiki/ACE_charter
as well as the drafts linked from there.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 10:38:18 -0500

Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]> wrote:
    >>> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/solace) is. No new messages
    >>> since March this year.
    >> 

    > As should be obvious from the names, ACE is half of SOLACE.

Ha, I didn't notice that. Very nice.

-- 
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [ 
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [ 
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [