Subject: [lamps] RFC 9158 on Update to the Object Identifier Registry for the PKIX Working Group

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 15:11:18 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9158

        Title:      Update to the Object Identifier 
                    Registry for the PKIX Working Group 
        Author:     R. Housley
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Updates:    RFC 7299

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lamps-rfc7299-update-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9158

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9158

RFC 7299 describes the object identifiers that were assigned by the
Public Key Infrastructure using X.509 (PKIX) Working Group in an arc
that was allocated by IANA (1.3.6.1.5.5.7).  A small number of object
identifiers that were assigned in RFC 4212 are omitted from RFC 7299,
and this document updates RFC 7299 to correct that oversight.

This document is a product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC