Subject: [lamps] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-lamps-samples-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 04:40:20 -0800

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lamps-samples-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-samples/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document. Congrats to use UTF-8 charset
for some nice graphics and for the example names.

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated even if only for my own education).

Special thanks to Tim Hollebeek for the shepherd's write-up including the
section about the WG consensus (even if very terse).

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

-- Section 2.2 & 2.3 --
Would it be useful to include expired certificates ? And/or a CRL for those
examples ? Would providing those additional examples make possible more
extensive testing?

-- Section 4 --
<joke>Please s/Alice Lovelace/Ada Lovelace/ ;-) </joke> (to be ignored of
course but I could not resist) Alas not applicable to Charles/Bob Babbage or
Alan/Carlos Turing or Grace/Dana Hopper :-)