Subject: Re: [spb-isis] Testing SPB

From: Peter Ashwood-Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:26:31 -0400

Serena (copying the spb-isis mailing list)

>From what I can tell from the screen shots you sent us the forwarding tables
look correct, both unicast and multicast.

There are two small display bugs on our side which we'll correct but based
on the multicast forwarding tables that were computed it looks like you got
the all the TLV's right. Good stuff.

One comment, perhaps you could make your hostnames something more
descriptive? Looks like you are just putting the SYSID in ascii into the
hostname?

Be nice if everybody used a short descriptive hostname.

We are using "s9303-%d", perhaps you guys could do something like
"spirent-%d", alu could do something like "omni-%d"  , avaya could do
"ers-%d" etc? That way when we look at the lsdb of forwarding tables its
easier to know what is what. 

Also the Solana viewer can show the hostnames next to the nodes so it makes
for a nicer graphical view too.

Peter