Subject: Re: [spb-isis] SPB Interop - ietf draft on interopability

From: "Garimella, Pavani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 16:55:36 -0700

Thanks Edgard. Our team is working on Extended IS Reachability TLV, SPB
metric sub TLV, SPBM SI TLVs. We can provide another engineering load in
the week of June 13th.  

Have a great weekend. 

Pavani 

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Vargas, Edgard (Edgard)
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 4:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [spb-isis] SPB Interop - ietf draft on interopability

SPB fellows

I'd like to announce you that today ALU and Spirent met for a first
trial of interoperability with the objective of establishing an ISIS SPB
adjacency between OmniSwitches and the Spirent Test Center equipment in
the Calabasas lab. It turns out to be very successful test for both
parties.

ISIS Hello and LSP PDUs were exchanged, and all TLVs are working as
expected.

Now we are ready to meet the last week of June (2011 off course) in
Ottawa with Huawei and Avaya to demonstrate interoperability and the
progress achieved up to this time.

Dates and location will soon be defined and you are welcome to join us.

Attached are sniffer captures of the exchange.

About the informational draft, we believe that is it a great idea and
way to log the effort put till this moment as well as give people some
good ideas of the potential of the technology, its benefits and the open
environment it will offer.

Edgard Vargas

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Peter Ashwood-Smith
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [spb-isis] SPB Interop - ietf draft on interopability

Guys, as we start adding more equipement here, we should think about an
informational draft that describes the interop.

Be nice to have a small overview in time for Quebec. 

Thoughts?

Peter

<DIV><FONT size="1">

E-mail confidentiality.
--------------------------------
This e-mail contains confidential and / or privileged information belonging to Spirent Communications plc, its affiliates and / or subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution and / or the taking of any action based upon reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly forbidden. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. 

Spirent Communications plc,
Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom.
Tel No. +44 (0) 1293 767676
Fax No. +44 (0) 1293 767677

Registered in England Number 470893
Registered at Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom.

Or if within the US,

Spirent Communications,
26750 Agoura Road, Calabasas, CA, 91302, USA.
Tel No. 1-818-676- 2300 

</FONT></DIV>

---

From: Peter Ashwood-Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 09:45:07 -0400

That's great, so do you guys want to tentatively set the date for June 27?
Likely setup on the Monday, do some testing on the Tuesday and teardown on
the Wednesday. Or leave up a few more days as required. 

Also I  currently have DC 110v only in my lab so hopefully that's ok with
everybody?

I have not drawn out a proposed topology, but I suppose we could sketch
something out or we can just figure it out once the equipement is here. Up
to you guys but I suppose it would be something like 10 or 11 physical
switches and probably 80 or so emulated via Spirent.

Oh, how are you guys at Solant making out? 

Peter

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Garimella, Pavani
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 7:56 PM
To: Vargas, Edgard (Edgard); [email-masked]
Cc: Gutierrez, Oscar; "Holmquist, Neil"@ietfa.amsl.com
Subject: Re: [spb-isis] SPB Interop - ietf draft on interopability

Thanks Edgard. Our team is working on Extended IS Reachability TLV, SPB
metric sub TLV, SPBM SI TLVs. We can provide another engineering load in the
week of June 13th.  

Have a great weekend. 

Pavani 

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Vargas, Edgard (Edgard)
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 4:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [spb-isis] SPB Interop - ietf draft on interopability

SPB fellows

I'd like to announce you that today ALU and Spirent met for a first trial of
interoperability with the objective of establishing an ISIS SPB adjacency
between OmniSwitches and the Spirent Test Center equipment in the Calabasas
lab. It turns out to be very successful test for both parties.

Now we are ready to meet the last week of June (2011 off course) in Ottawa
with Huawei and Avaya to demonstrate interoperability and the progress
achieved up to this time.

About the informational draft, we believe that is it a great idea and way to
log the effort put till this moment as well as give people some good ideas
of the potential of the technology, its benefits and the open environment it
will offer.

Edgard Vargas

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Peter Ashwood-Smith
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [spb-isis] SPB Interop - ietf draft on interopability

Thoughts?

Peter

E-mail confidentiality.
--------------------------------
This e-mail contains confidential and / or privileged information belonging
to Spirent Communications plc, its affiliates and / or subsidiaries. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution and / or the taking of any action based upon reliance
on the contents of this transmission is strictly forbidden. If you have
received this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail and
delete it from your system. 

Spirent Communications plc,
Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United
Kingdom.
Tel No. +44 (0) 1293 767676
Fax No. +44 (0) 1293 767677

Registered in England Number 470893
Registered at Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN,
United Kingdom.

Or if within the US,

Spirent Communications,

---

From: Peter Ashwood-Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 14:01:01 -0400

Have not heard much objection to the 27th.

Anyway we can provide 8 switches with GE interfaces and an emulator and some
test equipement, a bit of rack space and if necessary static IP connectivity
for emergency fixes from your mother ships or static IP to your RS232
console ports for remote viewing.

Could we get a view on who will bring what so that I can make sure things
are ready to accommodate?

Oh .. please bring cables .. I'm short on cables.

Also does somebody have preferred topologies they would like to suggest.

Cheers,

Peter

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Peter Ashwood-Smith
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 9:45 AM
To: 'Garimella, Pavani'; 'Vargas, Edgard (Edgard)'; [email-masked]
Cc: 'Gutierrez, Oscar'; "Holmquist, Neil"@ietfa.amsl.com
Subject: Re: [spb-isis] SPB Interop - ietf draft on interopability

Peter

  _____  

Have a great weekend. 

Pavani 

SPB fellows

Edgard Vargas

Thoughts?

Peter

E-mail confidentiality.

Or if within the US,

Spirent Communications,

---

From: Peter Ashwood-Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:49:35 -0400

So based on private emails, looks like most folks will be ready by the 27th.

So I'm suggesting we start with Avaya/Huawei on the Monday.

Then integrate Spirent on the Tuesday.

Wednesday we'll  bring in the ALU switch.

Solant you are welcome to plug in a passive NNI anytime or just come and
capture data, whatever works for you guys.

To the folks that wanted to just pop in and see what were were doing, I'm
guessing the Thursday would be a good time so we can try to have a
stable-ish network for a bit of tire kicking.

I still have not had any feedback on a topolgy so unless somebody has
objections I'll draw up something. 

As I mentioned spare cables, power bars and laptops likely a good idea to
bring ;)

Cheers,

Peter

  _____  

Peter

  _____  

Have a great weekend. 

Pavani 

SPB fellows

Edgard Vargas

Thoughts?

Peter

E-mail confidentiality.

Or if within the US,

Spirent Communications,

---

From: Peter Ashwood-Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 09:48:54 -0400

Couple of people asked about hotels near by. 

Here are a few choices

1) Comfort Inn 

   222 Hearst Way, Kanata, Ontario 

   Tel. 613-592-2200

2) Country Inn & Suites

    578 Terry Fox Drive, Kanata Ontario 

    Tel. 613-599-7767

3) Brookstreet Hotel : http://www.brookstreethotel.com/

    This is the closest but also likely the most $$

Peter