Subject: RE: [Speechsc] WGLC MRCPv2

From: "Andrew Wahbe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 12:04:46 -0700

I agree with Dave's point on Issue 88. As currently specified, hotword
recognition does not address the use cases it was designed for. I would
like to suggest that this feature either be fixed or be removed from the
specification so that it can be properly addressed by a separate
specification.

Andrew Wahbe

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Burke [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: October 1, 2006 9:03 AM
To: Eric Burger; IETF SPEECHSC
Subject: Re: [Speechsc] WGLC MRCPv2

The first draft of MRCPv2 dates back to January 2004; the current draft
(the 11th revision) is dated September 2006. Over the intervening 32
months,
MRCPv2 has evolved into a powerful and complete specification. The last
several months, while at times tedious (who said QA has to be fun?),
have proved very worthwhile in raising the quality of the specification
to a point where we can be reasonably assured of good coverage of core
speech processing use-cases as well as good interoperability over the
corresponding features.

Of course, no specification is perfect but eventually one reaches the
point where it is more beneficial and efficient to put the theory into
practice and seek real world feedback rather than continue to evolve the
theory. And so, in my opinion, we are at this point. With just one
exception*, I believe
MRCPv2 has reached a sufficient level of maturity to be considered as a
proposed standard.

Dave

(*) I would encourage the proposed resolution of Issue 88 (Hotword 
Recognition Timers) be applied.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF SPEECHSC" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 8:08 PM
Subject: [Speechsc] WGLC MRCPv2

> This is notice that the Work Group Last Call on MRCPv2 begins today.
>
> Last call will end on Monday, 9 October 2006.
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-11.txt
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Speechsc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc
> 

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Brett Gavagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 10:48:53 -0400

I agree with the points below.

I'm not in favor of addressing the hotword issue with a separate 
specification, and rather have any potential clarifications addressed in 
the MRCP specification.

Thanks,

Brett Gavagni 
WebSphere Voice Server Development 
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/pervasive/voice_server/
[email-masked]

"Andrew Wahbe" <[email-masked]> 
10/04/2006 03:04 PM

To
"Dave Burke" <[email-masked]>, "Eric Burger" 
<[email-masked]>, "IETF SPEECHSC" <[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
RE: [Speechsc] WGLC MRCPv2

Andrew Wahbe

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Burke [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: October 1, 2006 9:03 AM
To: Eric Burger; IETF SPEECHSC
Subject: Re: [Speechsc] WGLC MRCPv2

Dave