Subject: [Speechsc] WGLC MRCPv2-12

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 08:47:12 -0400

Due to the size of the MRCPv2 document (weighing in at 206 pages), and the
fact that IETF 68 is in a week, work group last call for MRCPv2 will close
on 30 March 2007.

Please send your comments to the list.  If you read the document and find
nothing to comment on, please send that to the list, too.

PLEASE pay close attention to the RFC 2119 language (MAY, SHOULD, and MUST).
Previous versions had SHOULD for virtually every normative statement.  This
version moved many of the SHOULD's into MUST's; a few of the SHOULD's into
MAY's; and a handful of SHOULD's stayed as SHOULD's, but with clarifying
text, explaining the circumstances where it is acceptable to NOT execute the
normative statement.

ALSO, check section 4.2.  This changes the acceptable SDP.  As mentioned on
the list, the -11 version (and prior) had illegal SDP.  The -12 version
corrects this.  Update your implementations accordingly!

If you have an implementation of MRCPv2, please tell us if it is a client or
a server (or you have done both), and who you have interoperated with.  If
disclosing who you interoperated with gives your company conniptions, feel
free to say something like "my client interoperated with three different
servers."

The new text is at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-12.txt

Diffs from -11 to -12 are at:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/speechsc/drafts/diff-11-12.pdf
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/speechsc/drafts/diff-11-12.doc

By the way, the supplemental web site has moved to:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/speechsc

_______________________________________________________________________
Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this
by email and then delete it.

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 06:55:09 -0400

Just a reminder, WGLC closes in two weeks.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 18:12:56 +0200

Hi,

I have just started reading the latest version of MRCPv2 (12). So far 
only come to section 5. So I am just starting. I promised Eric I would 
review it now during WGLC rather than stick you guys with my comments 
during IESG evaluation. I will try to complete my review during Monday 
or Tuesday.

However until then something for you to discuss:

In section 4.2 you define behavior for using the comedia a=connection 
attribute with the TCP/MRCPv2 protocol. Based on the text and example 
(add recognizer example starting on page 16) it seems that you try to 
allow that multiple m= lines reuses the same TCP connection. However it 
is far from obvious that comedia (RFC 4145) support this behavior. It 
doesn't talk about any relation between multiple m= lines and their TCP 
connections. I would recommend discussing this with MMUSIC.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM/M
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc
Supplemental web site:
&lt;http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/speechsc&gt;