Subject: [Speechsc] WGLC MRCPv2-12

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 08:47:12 -0400

Due to the size of the MRCPv2 document (weighing in at 206 pages), and the
fact that IETF 68 is in a week, work group last call for MRCPv2 will close
on 30 March 2007.

Please send your comments to the list.  If you read the document and find
nothing to comment on, please send that to the list, too.

PLEASE pay close attention to the RFC 2119 language (MAY, SHOULD, and MUST).
Previous versions had SHOULD for virtually every normative statement.  This
version moved many of the SHOULD's into MUST's; a few of the SHOULD's into
MAY's; and a handful of SHOULD's stayed as SHOULD's, but with clarifying
text, explaining the circumstances where it is acceptable to NOT execute the
normative statement.

ALSO, check section 4.2.  This changes the acceptable SDP.  As mentioned on
the list, the -11 version (and prior) had illegal SDP.  The -12 version
corrects this.  Update your implementations accordingly!

If you have an implementation of MRCPv2, please tell us if it is a client or
a server (or you have done both), and who you have interoperated with.  If
disclosing who you interoperated with gives your company conniptions, feel
free to say something like "my client interoperated with three different
servers."

The new text is at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-12.txt

Diffs from -11 to -12 are at:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/speechsc/drafts/diff-11-12.pdf
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/speechsc/drafts/diff-11-12.doc

By the way, the supplemental web site has moved to:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/speechsc

_______________________________________________________________________
Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this
by email and then delete it.

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Srilakshmi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:02:38 +0530

Hi,

What should the MRCPv2 server behavior be if it receives STOP without
abort-verification header for a VERIFY request? Should it respond with 406
mandatory header missing or process the request?

There are two contradicting statements in draft. 

Snippets from draft 12:

11.4.20. Abort-Verification

    This header MUST be sent in a "STOP" request to indicate whether or not
to abort a VERIFY method in progress.  

11.13. STOP

..

..

   The "STOP" method can carry a "Abort-Verification" header which specifies
if the verification result until that point should be discarded or returned.
If this header is not present or if the value is "true", the verification
result is discarded and the "STOP" response does not contain any result
data. If the header is present and its value is "false", the "STOP" response
SHOULD contain a "Completion-Cause" header and carry the Verification result
data in its body.

Example in this section does not have Abort-Verification header in STOP
request.

Snippet from draft

The following example assumes a voiceprint identity has already been
established.

   C->S:  MRCP/2.0 123 VERIFY 314177

          Channel-Identifier:32AECB23433801@speakverify

          Verification-Mode:verify

   S->C:  MRCP/2.0 49 314177 200 IN-PROGRESS

          Channel-Identifier:32AECB23433801@speakverify

   C->S:  MRCP/2.0 49 STOP 314178

          Channel-Identifier:32AECB23433801@speakverify

   S->C:  MRCP/2.0 123 314178 200 COMPLETE

          Channel-Identifier:32AECB23433801@speakverify

          Active-Request-Id-List:314177

Please provide some clarification regarding this issue.

Regards,

Srilakshmi K.

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc
Supplemental web site:
&lt;http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/speechsc&gt;