Subject: [Speechsc] Re: Query in the Handling of List Type headers

From: sreekanth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:47:34 +0530

Hi ,

I am resending the same mail which has been posted before after removing the boilerplate at the end.. Pls consider this and reply.

The section 6.2. Generic Message Headers of the draft explains the handling of List type headers..
Multiple headers with the same name MAY be present in a message if and only if the entire value for that header is defined as a comma-separated list [i.e., #(values)].

There are some headers like Lexicon-Search-Order, Vendor-Specific-Parameters, Voice-Name which are Non-Singleton or List type headers, but are not COMMA seperated..

Is it correct for the MRCP implementation to send message with Multiple Lexicon-Search-Order headers??

Pls clarify on this..

Thanking you in advance..

Sreekanth

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: "Daniel C. Burnett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 08:45:14 -0400

As you point out, the specification only permits multiple copies of the
header if the value for the header is a comma-separated list, so the
answer is no - it is not legal to have multiple Lexicon-Search-Order
headers.

In a future version of MRCP it may be worthwhile to make the behavior
(and possibly syntax) of all list-valued headers consistent.

-- dan

________________________________

From: sreekanth [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 1:18 AM
To: Pete Cordell
Cc: [email-masked]; Saravanan Shanmugham (sarvi)
Subject: [Speechsc] Re: Query in the Handling of List Type headers

Hi ,

I am resending the same mail which has been posted before after removing
the boilerplate at the end.. Pls consider this and reply.

The section 6.2. Generic Message Headers of the draft explains the
handling of List type headers..

Multiple headers with the same name MAY be present in a message if and
only if the entire value for that header is defined as a comma-separated
list [i.e., #(values)].

There are some headers like Lexicon-Search-Order,
Vendor-Specific-Parameters, Voice-Name which are Non-Singleton or List
type headers, but are not COMMA seperated..

Is it correct for the MRCP implementation to send message with Multiple
Lexicon-Search-Order headers??

Pls clarify on this..

Sreekanth