Subject: [spring] I-D Action: draft-ietf-spring-srv6-srh-compression-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 04:50:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Source Packet Routing in Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Compressed SRv6 Segment List Encoding in SRH
        Authors         : Weiqiang Cheng
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Dennis Cai
                          Daniel Voyer
                          Francois Clad
                          Shay Zadok
                          James N Guichard
                          Liu Aihua
                          Robert Raszuk
                          Cheng Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spring-srv6-srh-compression-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2022-03-21

Abstract:
   This document specifies new flavors for the SR endpoint behaviors
   defined in RFC 8986, which enable a compressed SRv6 Segment-List
   encoding in the Segment Routing Header (SRH).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-srv6-srh-compression/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-spring-srv6-srh-compression-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-spring-srv6-srh-compression-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Francois Clad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 13:01:48 +0100

Dear WG,

Following the formal adoption of this document (thanks Joel!), we started
going through the various points raised since the beginning of the working
group adoption call.

We are working on text proposals for all of them, which will likely take
some time, but we wanted to get some of them already out.

The changes are as follows:
- Added in section 10 a reference to
draft-clad-spring-srv6-srh-compression-illus, which provides the
illustrations and examples that were requested multiple times ([ILLUS1],
[ILLUS2], [ILLUS3],...)
- Removed the informative references to the individual documents
draft-cl-spring-generalized-srv6-for-cmpr and
draft-filsfils-spring-net-pgm-extension-srv6-usid, since these proved more
confusing than helpful to understand the document ([REF1])
- Rephrased the text about data plane changes in the abstract and
introduction
- Added a "Deployment Model" section that explicitly indicates that the
target deployment model is the same as defined in Section 5 of RFC 8754, as
suggested in [DEPLOYMENT1] and [DEPLOYMENT2].

Thanks,
Francois

[ILLUS1]:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ipv6/Vm5z-5h_uvXSFMEz8rnqiPOc6Gc/
[ILLUS2]:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/spring/oyjFMKU5_pA6_jO7iZp3m7YIn1g/
[ILLUS3]:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ipv6/29Vefuo8iOC6ZwkDfG-PEPNVu2E/
[REF1]:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/spring/ee9DPVu3PbGsIjYLDKnQ2o4xc-8/
[DATAPLANE1]:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/spring/D3HxS4_2P6OuNdhmayo3NFqWxkQ/
[DEPLOYMENT1]:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/spring/mJBhDdWt_SuE1voJFdsnrmhQf80/
[DEPLOYMENT2]:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/spring/MnbiE2dKePnrCuPBpjLpQOAgP4U/

On Mon, Mar 21, 2022 at 12:50 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> spring mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spring
>