Subject: MLDv2 implementation

From: Rolland Vida <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:00:20 +0200

Dear all,

We would like to announce the first implementation of the
MLDv2(Multicast Listener Discovery version 2) protocol, jointly
developed at LIP6 - Universite Pierre et Maris Curie, Paris and LSIIT -
Universite Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg.

The development was done on FreeBSD 4.3, using the integrated KAME code
for IPv6.

MLDv2 Host Implementation was done by Konstantin Kabassanov at LIP6. It
is a kernel implementation based on Wilbert de Graaf's IGMPv3 Host
Implementation for IPv4.

MLDv2 Enabled PIM-SSM Router Implementation was done by Mickael Hoerdt
at LSIIT. MLDv2 Router is not a kernel code, but implemented as a user
process, fully integrated to PIM-SSM routing daemon.

The MLDv2 Host implementation follows the MLDv2 Internet Draft
(draft-vida-mld-v2-01.txt). The MLDv2 Router part is not fully compliant
with the internet draft, as it fulfils Source Specific Multicast Routing
requirements, limited to INCLUDE messages.

All the information related to our MLDv2 Implementation can be found at:
http://mldv2.lip6.fr.
Please send comments, or report bugs to:
  - [email-masked] (host part)
  - [email-masked]  (router part)

Best regards,

LIP6 Team                         LSIIT Team
   Konstantin Kabassanov            Mickael Hoerdt
   Rolland Vida                     Dominique Grad
   Luis Costa                       Jean-Jacques Pansiot
   Serge Fdida