Subject: Re: Is the list quiet?

From: Steve Iribarne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 08:23:34 -0700

I think it is quiet.   Which leads me to believe....

1.  Everyone is working so hard on this they don't have time to comment.
2.  Everyone is working even harder on existing stuff and they don't have 
time to look at this.
3.  There really aren't alot of people interested in this yet.

-stv

At 11:49 AM 9/18/2001 +0300, Anssi Porttikivi wrote:
>Is the list just quiet, or am I missing something? This is the last
>message I've seen.
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: 22. elokuuta 2001 14:01
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ssm-overview-01.txt
>...

++++++++++++++
Steve Iribarne
Sr. Software Engineer
Tut Systems, Inc
925-201-4350
http://www.tutsystems.com
++++++++++++++

---

From: Jaiwant Mulik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 12:52:00 -0400 (EDT)

I hope that (3) below is not the case !!

So let's see:

Has anybody tried to get SSM working with on Linux ?

I am assumng that since the latest Linux distributions (Kernel 2.4+) have
IGMP v3 and PIM-SM support, SSM should already be in place, or am I
seriously missing something ?

regards,

> >Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ssm-overview-01.txt

Jaiwant Mulik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Email        : [email-masked] (preferred), [email-masked]
Home page    : http://unix.temple.edu/~jmulik
Location     : Netlab, Room 1043/1044, Wachman Hall.
Phones       : (215) 204-3197 (o), (215) 777-4828 (r)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Lekin woh zindagi he kya, jisme koi namumkin sapna na ho ?

I may climb perhaps to no great heights, but I will climb alone.
- Cyrano De Bergerac

---

From: Hugh Holbrook <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:35:24 -0700 (PDT)

The list is alive, but it has been fairly quiet.

The SSM working has not yet completely finished its task.  The main
and most critical item on our charter is to shepherd the SSM drafts
through the standards process.  We did not meet in London because
there was nothing left on our charter requiring a meeting.  There were
a few comments from the last IETF at which we met (Minneapolis) which
I have been remiss in incorporating in the ssm draft.

Brad and I will be submitting a revised version of
draft-holbrook-ssm-arch back to the list in the next week or so, and I
intend to start a working group last call on it shortly thereafter.
We will very much appreciate your comments.

I hope that multicast will get a lift as it becomes more and more
routers and host OSes provide the necessary support for SSM.  The
coming release of Windows XP, with its IGMPv3 support, should really
help things out.

-Hugh

> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 08:23:34 -0700
> From: Steve Iribarne <[email-masked]>
>

---

From: Tomasz Szewczyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:48:29 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

i tried SSM with Linux.
I used URD wih Cisco 7200 (IOS 12.2(5)T).
Now I will try IGMPv3.

Regards 

Tomek

> Jaiwant Mulik

----------------------------------------------------------
Tomasz Szewczyk
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
e-mail: [email-masked]
phone: +48 61 6582021

http://multicast.man.poznan.pl