Subject: [ssm] Igmpv3 - Experiment-1

From: "srinivask" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:36:01 +0530

Hello everybody,

I would like to know why the following problem comens into picture, when i
follow the below spwcified steps.

- I have  built  a Igmpv3(Multicast protocol with ssm support) kernel in
Linux-7.1(red hat) , as per the Linux build proceedure, as per the URL-
      http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~gantsich/igmpv3.htm

-The kernel was tested for igmpv3 functionality, delta support is achieved
when test applications are run on the kernel.
- The above make sure the igmpv3 applied patch is successfull. THE patch
supports both delta/full state igmpv3 .
- when tested for full state/advanced igmpv3 mode support by kernel, The
test
application gives the following error.

     "Error in setting filter :"Package not installed".

- On debugginng the, application  it was found that ,on executing the
statement
----------  ioctl(sd, SIOCSIPMSFILTER, (char *)
fmode)------------->igmp_ioctl()--------->igmp_ioctl_set(struct sock *sk,
void * arg) ; the error had come.

- Other observation -

when i reboot/start the Igmpv3 kernel , there is one kernel log  message
saying ,    "ds: no socket drivers loaded",  on bootup.

- I want to know also whether this full state igmpv3  support is ethernet
card
vendor specific,means some vendor cards have this support and some may not.
like 3c59x driver may have and 8139too realtek driver .does not have.

could you please elaborate on this.
Basically i want to know how can i solve this problem.

Best regds,
srinivsk

***************************************************************************
This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL)
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for
what it is intended.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message.
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.
***************************************************************************

_______________________________________________
ssm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ssm