Subject: [stir] Documenting STIR architecture and other basics

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 16:30:52 -0700

There is no comprehensive description of the STIR architecture, 
specifying functional components, specifying the nature of the 
interactions among them, and specifying the trust relationships that 
can/must be present.

There is no comprehensive definition of terminology that is used.

There is also no comprehensive description of overall system usage.

The existing drafts -- as well as working group participants -- are 
vague and/or inconsistent in their architectural references and in their 
assertions about system behaviors.

In terms of participants, it appears that various individuals have 
specific usage scenarios in mind, but there are inconsistencies among 
those individuals.  Any claim of 'consensus' about such things goes 
against notes folk have been posting.

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net