Subject: [stir] I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-passport-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2016 08:08:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited of the IETF.

        Title           : Persona Assertion Token
        Authors         : Chris Wendt
                          Jon Peterson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-passport-07.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2016-09-09

Abstract:
   This document defines a canonical string object or 'token' including
   a digital signature for verifying the author of the token, their
   authority to author the token and the information asserted in the
   token, minimally, the originating identity or 'persona' corresponding
   specifically to the originator of 'personal communications', or
   signalled communications between a set of parties with identities.
   The PASSporT token is cryptographically signed to protect the
   integrity of the identify the originator of a personal communications
   session (e.g. the telephone number or URI) and verify the assertion
   of the identity information at the destination.  The cryptographic
   signature is defined with the intention that it can confidently
   verify the originating persona even when the signature is sent to the
   destination party over an insecure channel.  PASSporT is particularly
   useful for many personal communications applications over IP networks
   and other multi-hop interconnection scenarios where the originating
   and destination parties may not have a direct trusted relationship.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-passport/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-stir-passport-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stir-passport-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/