Subject: [stir] Last Call: <draft-ietf-stir-rph-03.txt> (PASSporT Extension for Resource-Priority Authorization) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 09:07:32 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited
WG (stir) to consider the following document: - 'PASSporT Extension for
Resource-Priority Authorization'
  <draft-ietf-stir-rph-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document extends the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited (STIR)
   Personal Assertion Token (PASSporT) specification defined in
   [I-D.ietf-stir-passport] to allow the inclusion of cryptographically
   signed assertions of authorization for the values populated in the
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 'Resource-Priority' header field,
   which is used for communications resource prioritization.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-rph/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-rph/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.