Subject: [stir] Last Call: <draft-ietf-stir-oob-05.txt> (STIR Out-of-Band Architecture and Use Cases) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 06:10:42 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited
WG (stir) to consider the following document: - 'STIR Out-of-Band
Architecture and Use Cases'
  <draft-ietf-stir-oob-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-09-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The PASSporT format defines a token that can be carried by signaling
   protocols, including SIP, to cryptographically attest the identify of
   callers.  Not all telephone calls use Internet signaling protocols,
   however, and some calls use them for only part of their signaling
   path, or cannot reliably deliver SIP header fields end-to-end.  This
   document describes use cases that require the delivery of PASSporT
   objects outside of the signaling path, and defines architectures and
   semantics to provide this functionality.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-oob/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-oob/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.