Subject: [stir] Last Call: <draft-ietf-stir-passport-divert-07.txt> (PASSporT Extension for Diverted Calls) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 01:36:10 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited
WG (stir) to consider the following document: - 'PASSporT Extension for
Diverted Calls'
  <draft-ietf-stir-passport-divert-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-12-02. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   PASSporT is specified in RFC 8225 to convey cryptographically-signed
   information about the people involved in personal communications.
   This document extends PASSporT to include an indication that a call
   has been diverted from its original destination to a new one.  This
   information can greatly improve the decisions made by verification
   services in call forwarding scenarios.  Also specified here is an
   encapsulation mechanism for nesting a PASSporT within another
   PASSporT that assists relying parties in some diversion scenarios.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-passport-divert/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-passport-divert/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.