Subject: [stir] I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 14:57:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PASSporT Extension for Rich Call Data
        Authors         : Jon Peterson
                          Chris Wendt
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-05.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   This document extends PASSporT, a token for conveying
   cryptographically-signed call information about personal
   communications, to include rich data that can be transmitted and
   subsequently rendered to users, extending identifying information
   beyond human-readable display name comparable to the "Caller ID"
   function common on the telephone network.  The element defined for
   this purpose, Rich Call Data (RCD), is an extensible object defined
   to either be used as part of STIR or with SIP Call-Info to include
   related information about calls that helps people decide whether to
   pick up the phone.  This signing of the RCD information is also
   enhanced with an integrity mechanism to optionally protect the
   handling of this information between authoritative and non-
   authoritative parties authoring and signing the Rich Call Data for
   support of different usage and content policies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/