Subject: [stir] Protocol Action: 'Assertion Values for a Resource Priority Header Claim and a SIP Priority Header Claim in Support of Emergency Services Networks' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-stir-rph-emergency-services-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 09:14:42 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Assertion Values for a Resource Priority Header Claim and a SIP
   Priority Header Claim in Support of Emergency Services Networks'
  (draft-ietf-stir-rph-emergency-services-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Murray Kucherawy and Francesca Palombini.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-rph-emergency-services/

Technical Summary

   This document adds new assertion values for a Resource Priority
   Header ("rph") claim and a new SIP Priority Header claim ("sph") for
   protection of the "psap-callback" value as part of the "rph" PASSporT
   extension, in support of the security of Emergency Services Networks
   for emergency call origination and callback.

Working Group Summary

  The STIR WG reached consensus, and there is support for publication. 

Document Quality

  A few people have shown interest in implementing this specification.

  The IANA Considerations section was reviewed and appears to be properly formed.

Personnel

   Russ Housley is the Document Shepherd.
   Murray Kucherawy is the responsible Area Director.