Subject: [stir] Protocol Action: 'STIR Certificate Delegation' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-stir-cert-delegation-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:34:28 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'STIR Certificate Delegation'
  (draft-ietf-stir-cert-delegation-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Murray Kucherawy and Francesca Palombini.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-cert-delegation/

Technical Summary

   The Secure Telephone Identity Revisited (STIR) certificate profile
   provides a way to attest authority over telephone numbers and related
   identifiers for the purpose of preventing telephone number spoofing.
   This specification details how that authority can be delegated from a
   parent certificate to a subordinate certificate.  This supports a
   number of use cases, including those where service providers grant
   credentials to enterprises or other customers capable of signing
   calls with STIR.

Working Group Summary

   Was there anything in the WG process that is worth noting?
   For example, was there controversy about particular points 
   or were there decisions where the consensus was
   particularly rough? 

Document Quality

  The STIR WG reached consensus, and there is support for
  publication of this document.

  Several people have expressed interest in implementing this
  specification.

Personnel

  Russ Housley is the Document Shepherd.
  Murray Kucherawy is the Responsible Area Director.