Subject: [Stox] RFC 7572 on Interworking between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Instant Messaging

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 18:26:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7572

        Title:      Interworking between the Session Initiation 
                    Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging 
                    and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Instant Messaging 
        Author:     P. Saint-Andre, A. Houri, J. Hildebrand
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 29027
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-stox-im-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7572

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7572

This document defines a bidirectional protocol mapping for the
exchange of single instant messages between the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol
(XMPP).

This document is a product of the SIP-TO-XMPP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC