Subject: [straw] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-03.txt

From: Lorenzo Miniero <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 16:05:49 +0100

Hi all,

apologies for this late update.

I just refreshed the RTCP document, and this now addresses the main
issue identified in Honolulu after it was first introduced in Toronto,
that is the MITM behaviour for secure sessions in B2BUAs. The text
should now be much clearer with respect to the fact this behaviour is
discouraged and unspecified. There are also a couple of new lines in
Security Considerations, although the document doesn't introduce any
new behaviour and as such shouldn't introduce any new Security issue
that wasn't addressed in the original standards already. Let us know
whether you think the wording is sufficient or not, or whether it's
needed at all.

The document in it current stage should be pretty much ready. Any
feedback and/or review would be more than welcome! After that, we
authors believe the document might be ready for WGLC.

Looking forward to your thoughts, thanks,
Lorenzo

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 07:00:44 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: "Sergio Garcia Murillo" <[email-masked]>, "Sergio
Garcia Murillo" <[email-masked]>, "Victor Pascual"
<[email-masked]>, "Victor Pascual"
<[email-masked]>, "Lorenzo Miniero" <[email-masked]>,
"Lorenzo Miniero" <[email-masked]> Subject: New Version
Notification for draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-03.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Lorenzo Miniero and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp
Revision:	03
Title:		Guidelines to support RTCP end-to-end in
Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs) Document date:	2015-02-09
Group:		straw
Pages:		14
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-03.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-03
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-03

Abstract:
   SIP Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs) are often envisaged to also be
   on the media path, rather than just intercepting signalling.  This
   means that B2BUAs often implement an RTP/RTCP stack as well, whether
   to act as media transcoders or to just passthrough the media
   themselves, thus leading to separate multimedia sessions that the
   B2BUA correlates and bridges together.  If not disciplined, though,
   this behaviour can severely impact the communication experience,
   especially when statistics and feedback information contained in RTCP
   packets get lost because of mismatches in the reported data.

   This document defines the proper behaviour B2BUAs should follow when
   also acting on the signalling/media plane in order to preserve the
   end-to-end functionality of RTCP.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 08:02:05 +0000

(As co-chair)

Hi Lorenzo,

Thanks for submitting a new version of the draft! The chairs encourage people to take a look.

The chairs would also like to request for at a couple of persons who would be willing to perform a WGLC review of the draft.

Regards,

Christer

-----Original Message-----
From: straw [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lorenzo Miniero
Sent: 9. helmikuuta 2015 17:06
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [straw] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-03.txt

Hi all,

I just refreshed the RTCP document, and this now addresses the main issue identified in Honolulu after it was first introduced in Toronto, that is the MITM behaviour for secure sessions in B2BUAs. The text should now be much clearer with respect to the fact this behaviour is discouraged and unspecified. There are also a couple of new lines in Security Considerations, although the document doesn't introduce any new behaviour and as such shouldn't introduce any new Security issue that wasn't addressed in the original standards already. Let us know whether you think the wording is sufficient or not, or whether it's needed at all.

The document in it current stage should be pretty much ready. Any feedback and/or review would be more than welcome! After that, we authors believe the document might be ready for WGLC.

Looking forward to your thoughts, thanks, Lorenzo

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 07:00:44 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: "Sergio Garcia Murillo" <[email-masked]>, "Sergio Garcia Murillo" <[email-masked]>, "Victor Pascual"
<[email-masked]>, "Victor Pascual"
<[email-masked]>, "Lorenzo Miniero" <[email-masked]>, "Lorenzo Miniero" <[email-masked]> Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-03.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Lorenzo Miniero and posted to the IETF repository.

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
straw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/straw