Subject: [Supa] SUPA: next potential steps after the BoF?

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 15:57:46 +0200

Dear all,

Sorry for delaying this message for too long (vacation and other IESG 
issues...)

Based on my BoF summary, and discussions after the BoF, here are a 
couple of points/concerns I heard from the community.

- What would help is a clear definition of the different 
deliverables/the concrete results from a potential WG.

-

There are already some policy efforts (in IETF YANG models): How is 
service-specify policy different than let's say routing policy?

Btw, do you already have a draft on this deliverable? I've looked at 
draft-zaalouk-supa-vpn-service-management-model-03 
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zaalouk-supa-vpn-service-management-model/> 
, and it doesn't seem to be that deliverable? From John Strassner's ppt 
during the BoF (page 17/18), I understand that this work is "currently 
not started". However, I see 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-netmod-yang-policy-dm-01, in I2RS 
(as mentioned in the SUPA list already).

- The link with the L3SM WG should be clarified, for example in the gap 
analysis.

- The "Intend" should be be clarified, like John Strassner did during 
the BoF

- I also heard the following concerns. What do you answer to ...
     - the people telling that the IETF should not go into the business 
layer? Or that this is too early?
     - the people telling that the IETF is not even in the business to 
develop services (note: L3SM is a generic L3VPN model)?

Regards, Benoit