Subject: [T2TRG] Meeting in Dallas

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 14:56:37 -0500

For those of us who would need to change travel plans to attend, is there a summary of the meeting agenda, etc., available somewhere?

- Ralph

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 21:15:15 +0100

> For those of us who would need to change travel plans to attend, is there a summary of the meeting agenda, etc., available somewhere?

Hi Ralph,

congratulations for first post :-)

The agenda is in the making...
The current high-level plan looks like this:

## The first meeting

The first meeting of the (not yet officially chartered) T2TRG will
take place in colocation with the IETF92 in Dallas, 2015-03-21 and -22
(Sat/Sun).

Specific meetings of T2TRG will pick focus items that much of the
discussion of the meeting should revolve around.  The stated focus for
the first meeting is on three immediate areas of interest:

- Management and Operation of networks involving constrained nodes
- Lifecycle aspects in constrained nodes
- REST and Pubsub: Exploring the state-event duality

It will also discuss the further operation of the nascent RG,
including a schedule (and stated focus items) for further meetings,
and initial work on refining its focus, possibly leading to the
definition of initial milestones.

...

We plan to start on Sat at 13:00 and finish by 14:30 on Sun.
So this means US participants from the research side (who maybe don't
want to stay on for the IETF) will be able to fly in and out on the same
days.

The detailed agenda is very much open to input from contributors.
I would expect us to spend a first block on the current status at IETF
and W3C, followed by a block on the views of the nascent IoT consortia
on research.  From there we'll go into a block each for the areas of
interest.  Then on Sunday after noon we'll have a final block on overall
RG planning, future work (milestones?) and scheduling.

Grüße, Carsten